the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5701, xk01, 2004 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you are programming it correctly.
What is the make and model of your system?
Are you using D2D or W2W?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
bndawgs 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
It sounds like you are programming it correctly.
What is the make and model of your system?
Are you using D2D or W2W?
It's a 2004 tahoe and I'm using w2w
<--------   Stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Did you connect the 2nd ACC wire? I've seen a handful of GM SUV's and trucks do exactly what you're describing if the 2nd ACC isnt hooked up. Using the small orange (-) output 2nd acc and a relay could take care of this. Its worth the 5 minutes to hook up the relay for this rather than continuing to be frustrated with something that may not be the problem.

Just an FYI: An immobilizer system like Passlock2 only comes into play when the engine is started, not the entire time the car is running. So when you start the truck with the key and activate "stop and go" mode the xk01 isnt telling the car anything.

bndawgs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2011 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:

Did you connect the 2nd ACC wire? I've seen a handful of GM SUV's and trucks do exactly what you're describing if the 2nd ACC isnt hooked up. Using the small orange (-) output 2nd acc and a relay could take care of this. Its worth the 5 minutes to hook up the relay for this rather than continuing to be frustrated with something that may not be the problem.

Just an FYI: An immobilizer system like Passlock2 only comes into play when the engine is started, not the entire time the car is running. So when you start the truck with the key and activate "stop and go" mode the xk01 isnt telling the car anything.

I didn't do the 2nd ACC wire, but it's something i could definitely try like you said.  For my own learning, what would adding a relay for that do in regards to the Xk01?  Would it just give it more power?

As far as the truck running after activating the remote start after starting with the key, I guess I was more or less just confirming to myself that all my connections into the ignition harness were correct and didn't have anything to do with the problems i'm having now. 

bndawgs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

W2W is good.  If you are using W2W, the Vipers' D2D jumper position shouldn't matter.  Your connections should look like this:

XK01     Viper / Tahoe

Black                Chassis ground  (Viper H1/5)
Red                  +12v constant (Viper H1/2)
Orange            (-) Disarm (Viper H2/1)
Violet                Tahoe ODB 2 Connector, Pin 2 (usually Violet)
Violet/White     (-) Door Trigger Input (Viper H1/8) ***see previous post to add rear doors
Blue                   (-) Unlock  (Viper Blue wire on 3 Pin Lock Connector)
Green                (-) Lock   (Viper Green wire on 3 Pin Lock Connector)
Brown                (-) 200mA Status Output (Blue wire)

Any security type lights on the dash?  The Tahoe starts OK with the key?

For some reason I had the XKO1 orange wire hooked up to the blue status wire. Which is really weird, because I thought I already had the XKO1 brown hooked up to the blue status wire.
So now the remote start works. Which is really nice.
Just have one more wire to hook up for the factory disarm output to the XKO1 and then I think i'm done.
excelon2001 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

General question:  Did you flash the XK01 with AMDL Ver 6.01 firmware?  Did it program to the Tahoe OK?

On the Tach issue:  Did you change Viper  Menu 3, Menu Item 2 to Option 4?  Did you verify the Tach wire with a DMM?  Then do

the Tach Learn process?

For the rear door triggers: Connect the rear door triggers from the BCM along with the XK01 Violet/White

to Viper 5701 H1/8 Green wire.  Diode isolate all three wires. 

Follow the Diagram but use the XK01 Violet/White wire (for the front doors) and the two rear door trigger wires going to the Viper H1/8.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/30607_YUKON_(-)%20NEGATIVE%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION%20CIRCUIT.pdf 

(The DRIVERS REAR DOOR is a LIGHT BLUE/BLACK (-) Pin A3 and the PASSENGERS REAR DOOR is a LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-)

Pin A2, both are located at the BCM, PURPLE plug.)

Kreg357
I am planning a Avital 5303 install in a 2004 rainier using the xk01 amdl 6.0 and read that I will also require separate rear door connections. You link seems to be dead could you explain to me how this would work
excelon2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
sorry I found the problem the correct link should have () around the - following the YOKON like so
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/30607_YUKon_(-)%20NEGATIVE%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATIon%20CIRCUIT.pdf
excelon2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2011 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
Still dont work in either IE or Chrome for some reason when you click the links the () are missing add them in and it will work
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry about that link.  Not sure why it's not working.  Here is another way to get to that diagram. 

Go to Bulldog Security at :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

Look up the 2003 - 2006 GMC Yukon.
Half way down the wire guide listing, at the far right column of the Door Trigger line, is the link to the door trigger isolation diagram.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic