icon

scytek astra 4000rs car wont start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spitbawl 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2011 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
I need to get my car serviced so I put the system in valet mode. The car will not start with the car key. If i take it out of valet mode the car will start with the remote, however, I need the car to start with the key.
Please help!
Adam
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of car is it? Does the car try to crank at all with the key? I would assume not. After looking through the manual, that system does not have an internal starter kill relay. So, find the starter kill relay and disconnect the orange negative trigger wire. If your car still does not turn over with the key, you probably need a new ignition switch.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
spitbawl 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
The car is a 2000 Acura TL Automatic.
It looks like I had the wrong Astra model. The correct model is the
Astra 777. here is a link to that manual: http://www.scytek.net/manuals/astra/a777.pdf
The car DOES crank with the key. it just wont turn over
Also I just found that my stick shift is stuck in park and my break lights do not work. I can shift out of park using the override button by the shifter. I checked all bulbs, fuses, and i even replaced the stoplight switch so im thinking it has got to do with the wiring of the alarm/remote starter as well
thanks for your help!
Adam
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
After looking through the manual for that system, the ASTRA should ONLY cut the starter wire...nothing else. What kind of remote starter is in there? The 777 is just a security system, not a security system with remote start.
If the car is cranking, your problem is probably not with the alarm...it's somewhere in the car. The shifter will not come out of park unless it sees the brake engaged, since you have no brake lights it will not allow you to take it out of park without manually over riding it. You say that you checked all fuses and bulbs, but I would definitely suggest checking them again.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
spitbawl 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your prompt replies Twelvoltz.
I was under the impression that the Scytek Astra 777 was both the alarm and remote starter. but you are right, i looked at both manuals. it must be the 4000rs ( http://www.scytek.net/manuals/astra/a4000rs.pdf )
Sorry about that. scytek astra 4000rs car wont start - Last Post -- posted image. I just got the car a month ago so im still trying to figure it all out.
Key ignition problem:
So.. lets review.. When I use the ignition key, the car will crank but will NOT turn over. The car WILL turn over when I use the remote (hold down button 4)
also, the car will NOT turn off when I turn the key off and pull it out. I have to hold down button 4 on the remote to shut the car down.
I tried doing the factory reset on the system but it still wont turn over with ignition key.
In your first reply you started talking about a "starter relay" and "orange wire" could this be something i can try for a fix?
Brake/Shift lock problem:
I just went and double checked my fuses and bulbs as well as checked the stoplight switch to make sure the button was engaging/disengaging when i press the brake peddle. everything looks ok...
p.s. when i purchased the car a month ago i did NOT have the brake/shifter problem but I did have the ignition key start problem...
Adam
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

test your ingnition switch out puts. Sounds like you have a bad ignition 2 or 1  wire from the ignition switch.The brake switch circut on the car must be blown. The brake switch should have power even when the ignition is off.

Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer
spitbawl 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Okay. So how do I check the ignition switch outputs? How do I check the brake circuit? Do you mean the fuse?
Thanks
Adam
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
you can check your ignition wires like this:
ing 1- wire is BLACK / YELLOW and should show 12volts when cranking.
accy wire -yellow-should drop 12volts when cranking.
the brake wire is listed as WHITE/ black-it should show 12volts when
brake pedal is pressed-if not then check switch and fuse.
If you don't have 12volts on that ign1 wire when cranking then you probably have a blown ing fuse or a bad ign switch.
The reason it stays running after you take the key out is the brake wire never seen 12volts to shut off the remote start.
spitbawl 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
okay i must admit, wiring is all greek to me. when you say "showing 12 volts when cranking" does that mean I need a voltage tester thingy?
thanks
Adam
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
yes-either a voltage meter or a computer safe test light.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic