icon

amplifier for kicker compvr 10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
69camaropower69 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
I just put a Kicker CompVR 10" dual 2 ohm in a sealed box in the back of my wife's Saturn Vue, I'm currently borrowing an amp from a buddy until i can purchase one myself. What I'm asking you guys is recommendations on amps; wattage range, brand, etc... The wife and I listen to mainly rock with me listening to more heavy metal and her the occasional lady gaga type of music. I know its not the greatest of subs but I know it has potential and I want it to hit hard and sound good in the process. Also I know you shouldn't skimp on an amp but I'm kind of low on the funds with like a $300 budget so please any help would be great and thank you in advance to those who can offer me guidance.
69camaropower69 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody??? Just a quick question, any help would be great....
iand1234 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
since you got a 2 ohm dvc sub i would get a 2 channel amp that has the combined power rating of your sub.personally i like kicker amps. i havent had a problem with em yet. the ix500.2 would do the trick. you should be able to find one on ebay for less than 300. just make sure to go thru an authorized dealer so you get the warranty ie sonic electronics or hifisound. but its still a personal decision. the more you learn the better informed decision you can make.
zombies will eat your brains if not decapitaded first
69camaropower69 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you iand1234 for the help, should I be looking for an amp with around 500 to 600 Watts rms bridged into a 4 ohm load with the sub wired for a 4 ohm load? I'm new to a lot of this stuff so just trying to figure out my best bets without having to try different amps until I finally find one that works, thanks again for the help!
ccityroadshop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2011 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  
I would look on .....com for a mono channel amp that will produce about 400 watts rms at 4 ohms wiring your subs voice coils in series to get the 4 ohm load, or you could find a 2 channel amp as stated above that will produce about 200 watts per channel at 2 ohms and just wire each channel up to a voice coil, either way should be able to easily find a good amp for under 300 dollars all day long.
mustang GT convertible with lots of performance mods... Alpine M500 amp with sealed enclosure, 10 inch kappa perfect, clarion cz500 head unit, kicker ks speakers all around

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic