icon

subwoofer enclosure design

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tegguy 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

I am working on designing an enclosure for my 1971 Chevelle and had a couple questions. I don't know the dimensions of the box yet but I am trying to plan the internal sections for it.

The subs I am thinking about running are Digital Designs 2510A I plan to run two but have sealed sections between them
These subs want
1.5 cu ft
23" port length
24" sq port area
Can I design a port that goes down one chamber then curves back and comes down the opposite side of that chamber? Would the sum of those lengths be the port length?
example a port is 12" h 2" w and goes down a port of 10" then it makes a 180 degree turn and goes down a port of 13". Would this work or would it mess with the sound?
Any other recommendations when designing a sub box are welcome. It will house 2 subs and 2 amps.

Also does anyone have any experience with these subs and can provide feedback on them

ca$ino 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2011 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'd be interested to know this as well...
I've always felt that multiple, twists are turn do affect the end sound, but that is my opinion, not supported by any facts, just opinion lol...
Anything guys?
Also, I DEFINITELY want to see that car...love the 71 Chevelle's and late 60's Camaro's...
Look twice, think thrice, 1 splice/ 1 slice!
This is a phrase i came up with and something i will now live by.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic