icon

2005 nissan maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
I installed an Avital remote start/alarm/keyless unit along with an XK09 flashed with the NISS2 v1.05 firmware.
I tried wiring the XK09 D2D and W2W both resulting in the same situation:
The bypass did the transponder override and generated a tach signal as well as controlling the parking lights.
The bypass DID NOT control the door locks or provide an output for the door/hood/or trunk triggers.
Ended up wiring to the DDM and BCM.
Anybody have the same issue? Any fix you can think of?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
No fix that I am aware of, hopefully someone else knows of one. Here is my somewhat recent experience with DEI's bypass modules.
Did an 05 Frontier with the DB-ALL (DEI actually refers to the XK09 their 'baby' or 'mini' DB-ALL). Manual says the bypass will control door locks/alarm. However no matter how I wired it, the door locks never worked using the bypass. Thankfully door lock wires were in the kick, and I didn't have to go into the doors. This was kind of a 'last straw' for me personally. I use DEI for all of my remote starters but no longer look to them for bypass solutions unless I have to. Nothing more disappointing than thinking you are done with an installation just to find you have to spend your time troubleshooting something because a manufacturer lists it incorrectly. Don't get me wrong, NO manufacturer gets it right first time all the time...but as of the last time I looked at the manual for the DBALL on the Frontier, it specifically lists that door locks will work..and they absolutely DO NOT! I go in this order for finding what module I plan on using: Idata first, Fortin second, DEI only if no one else has a solution.
rant done
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
ExtremeProAudio 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I hear ya. I did a Lexus SC430 with the XK05 module. Ran the wires from the module to the IMO wires under the hood. Spent 4 hours trying to figure out why the override wouldn't work... Ended up installing the idatalink. It was a pain in the ass since you have to cut almost all the wires at the transponder module, but it worked. I've also been having some problems with the Xpresskits for the Ford PATS systems.
Unfortunately I have alot of customers that bring me their own equipment and it ends up being Viper with the xpresskit bypasses which is a whole other can of worms. Most of the responder series are defective out of the box and I end up selling my Autopage....
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
The XK09 will only control door lock functions on an 05 Maxima in D2D mode. Why it didnt work that way is beyond me. I've found the XK09 to be a junk bypass and the DBALL isnt much better. Where the heck are the BULLETPROOF DLPKs. I loved those things and wish they still made em. Unfortunately I have to buy their crap or I cant get a good dealer price on remote starts. I would go to idata if I could.
ExtremeProAudio 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:
The XK09 will only control door lock functions on an 05 Maxima in D2D mode. Why it didnt work that way is beyond me. I've found the XK09 to be a junk bypass and the DBALL isnt much better. Where the heck are the BULLETPROOF DLPKs. I loved those things and wish they still made em. Unfortunately I have to buy their crap or I cant get a good dealer price on remote starts. I would go to idata if I could.
Actually, I ended up using D2D and got the bypass, tach, and parking lights. No doorlocks or security outputs...
I miss the 555f, 555c, etc... lol. Never had a problem with them and they were dirt cheap.
As far as equipment, I get the idatalink (flashlogics) off ebay. They warranty the product and its cheaper than what I could get them from a distributor. Not sure how those 15 years olds get that price....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic