the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

arm/disarm vtss with aftermarket remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
On that year, I think you can find what you need at the bcm. There will be a row of relays on the front side.I can't remember which ones do what off the top of my head. Lock and unlock the doors with the door switch while feeling the relays, you should be able to tell the which relays are clicking for the doorlocks. You should have three. One for lock, one for unlock, and one for drivers unlock. Now you can pull one relay at a time to tell which function that relay performs. Now all you have to do is run a wire to pin 85 of the drivers unlock relay. If you don't want the factory system to arm with your aftermarket system, you can just use pin 85 of the lock relay to lock all doors. If you do it this way, you would only need one relay for your factory disarm.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2011 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Slightly off topic, only done one Rem, they're as rare as rocking horse s**t in the UK but don't you need double pulse lock and unlock?
robhink 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2011 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
I'm actually tapping the relays right now and it's working to lock/unlock/driver's unlock only. But what I want to do is disarm the VTSS while unlocking (which I think I can do per Mikvot's PDF) and when unlocking the driver's door only. I don't think I can do that by tapping the relays.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2011 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Howie, I got your email today but I did not realize you sent it for this topic. 
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2011 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Apologies Mr I.
robhink 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Update:
First of all, the diagram that mikvot provided is not entirely accurate. If you use this, make sure to hook the 12V+ to the 85 terminal on all relays and use the input (-) to the 86 terminal. If you don't, you'll end up sending a 12V+ to your brain box and fry at least that part of it.
So, I got the lock/arm and unlock/disarm to work, but could never find a way to disarm the VTSS when only unlocking the driver's door. If anyone knows how, I'd love to know.
What I ended up doing is tapping the 85 terminals of the driver unlock and lock relays on the BCM and then using the 665 ohm resistor to the WT/DG wire. This way, the VTSS will not arm when locking w/the Compustar remotes. However, if the VTSS gets armed another way (say by locking the door w/the key) and is triggered, I can silence it when I unlock all the doors.
Hope this helps. This is the first remote starter I've installed and I will say, I'm impressed w/Compustar. Pretty simple overall.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
robthink; good work but for your future knowledge, mikvot is never wrong, in fact ISO convention makes 85 the neg side of the coil, very important for relays with built in diodes.
robhink 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
I mean no disrespect as I am new to this forum and new to remote starters, but my perspective comes from firsthand experience: when I wired it up the way the diagram said, the brain stopped sending the (-) pulse to the relays wired with 12V+ to terminal 86. After hours of troubleshooting, I had to get a new box.
When I wired them all with 12V+ to 85 and (-) input to 86, (and with the new brain box) everything clicked as expected.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic