icon

2009 dodge charger rt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tek1001 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2009 dodge charger rt with the factory keyless entry and remote start I want to install the directed 3901t alarm that works off the factory remotes.I would like to know if the 3901t will effect the remote start on the car and if the 3901t can work with the factory remote start?
tek1001
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
The unsatisfactory answer - it may. The documentation doesn't make it clear that it will seamlessly integrate with the OEM remote start on that vehicle.
You might have two problems:
1. The ignition trigger. The 3901T apparently senses it through the CAN wires. It's not clear if it'll be active during remote start or only when the ignition switch is turned on.
2. The shock sensor. It can be bypassed by pressing "lock" twice, and it might be possible to do what Directed has usually called "sensor shunt" (i.e. when the (-) instant trigger wire is grounded within 10 seconds after an auxiliary channel is used, several sensors are bypassed until that ground goes away).
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
the only add on alarm i have found to work with a factory remote start system is the autopage fa110 but they no longer make them so unless you can find an old one or used one you might be out of luck. the autopage has a delay on the ign sense so when you remote start the car it doesnt set off the alarm the dei, audiovox, etc.. they dont have a delay so as soon as you start the car the alarm will go off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic