icon

2009 ford taurus rs unlocks driver door

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nei00755 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a Python 580 with XK05 into a 2009 Ford Taurus.  When I remote start the vehice it pulses once on the disarm wire (which is normal), when this happens it unlocks the drivers door, leaving the car vulnerable while remote started.  It appears that 1 pulse will both oem disarm and unlock the driver door which appears normal in this ford, but there has to be a way to disarm without any unlock.

Does anyone know a way to avoid the the door to be unlocked while remote starting?

blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
What wire did you connect to? Directechs shows a PURPLE / green (-) in the drivers kick or SJB. If thats the wire you used, you can use use a (-) output during or after crank to the lock wire to relock the doors. I'vee done a handful of cars that way.
nei00755 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

Yes that is the wire I am using.  How would I do that, relay I assume?

Otherwise I was thinking I may be able to hook up the Python unlock to the unlock and disarm wire and diode isolate them.  When the system is armed the alarm does not go off when it is remote started, only if a door is triggered, so it would still disarm during unlock operation.

blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
The Python system should have a small purple wire the manual will show it as 2nd starter (-) you can use to relock the doors. Or you disregard it altogether since the factory alarm only arms if you lock the doors with the factory remote or with the door open and lock from the Python remote
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  
nei00755 wrote:

Yes that is the wire I am using.  How would I do that, relay I assume?

Otherwise I was thinking I may be able to hook up the Python unlock to the unlock and disarm wire and diode isolate them.  When the system is armed the alarm does not go off when it is remote started, only if a door is triggered, so it would still disarm during unlock operation.

That's the way i do new Fords, leave it alone if it isn't triggering when you RS the car.Use the disarm for unlock, and use the 2nd unlock on the alarm to unlock the rest. This way you have 2 stage unlock...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
nei00755 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

I normally would just leave it be but if they lock the doors with the button on the door it arms the OEM alarm also.  Sometimes its hard to break people's habits.

So in the end, either way I need the disarm hooked up and in doing so it will unlock the drivers door upon remote start.

So I will probably hook it up one of the two ways,

1.  hook up the Python unlock to the unlock and disarm wire and diode isolate them

2. Or, i will hook up a relay triggering to lock the doors upon crank via the 2nd starter.

Thanks for the help brainstorming everyone, I was starting to go in circles.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
I may be late to this, but here's my suggestion:
1. Disconnect the factory disarm wire from the Python altogether.
2. Connect the unlock output from the Python to the factory disarm wire on the car. You should be able to unlock all doors this way if the unlock button is pressed twice quickly.
3. When remote starting, the alarm should disarm automatically with a valid transponder code and ignition.
This should solve your problem with no additional parts/connections.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic