icon

2003 tahoe alarm, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clemet 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Clifford 3.3x alarm/remote start with a idatalink module. Now the problem is when I remote start the Tahoe I get 3 codes that all relate to the transmission. I found a TSB that covers this issue. My real problem that I can't figure out, and didn;t touch is all the dash lights are not working even with the alarm and idatalink module disconnected. None of the lights work from the gauge lights to the 4x4 indicator. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
First - check ALL of your fuses.
Second, and only if all the fuses are good - which wires have you connected to at the truck's ignition switch?
The symptoms you've described would be expected from an older GM pickup/SUV that wasn't getting the white 2nd ignition wire powered up, but if it's in fact a 2003 that shouldn't be an issue.
Which iDatalink module are you using?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2011 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
An 03 Tahoe can be susceptible to transmission/BCM damage and/or Check Engine Light if the White 2nd IGN isnt connected to the Pink/white IGN2 from the remote start. If that wasnt connected and you are having these issues it unfortunately may be too late
clemet 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2011 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
I had checked all fuses before I posted. Ok here's how its wired up, and hasn't been changed.
Remote Start:
Red & RED / Black to Red (+12v)
Green & Purple to each side of Yellow (Starter)
Pink to Pink (Ignition 1)
RED / White and Pink/White to White (Ignition 2)
Orange to Orange (ACCESSORY /HEATER Blower 1)
Neutral safety switch is grounded temporarily.
Alarm to idatalink ADS-AL CA GM1
the only other alarm wires I connected are the hood pin, siren, power, ground, and to the Horn (BLACK / YELLOW)
Idatalink module
power to Red (ignition switch harness)
ground to ground
and to the OBD2 connector pin2(purple)
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2011 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
RED / White goes to +12v constant, like Red and RED / Black.  Pink/White, alone, goes to IGN2 (White).
Soldering is fun!
clemet 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2011 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
That's what I was thinking once I started going back over it. I also think I figured out the transmission from another posting on here. I guess there is small pink wire that needs to get powered up as Ign1 for the tranny computer. Now to figure out what happened to my dash lights.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2011 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  

The iDatalink, ADS AL(DL) GM1  bypass can do a whole lot more for your Tahoe. 

If you only have those 3 wires connected ( W2W mode ), I'm surprised it's working.  You should have the Clifford

(-)Status Output connected to the iDatalink Ground When Running Blue/White wire and the iDatalink Pink Ignition
wire connected to the Tahoe's Pink IGN1 wire.

Just follow the Type 3 install wiring.  Also if you want the heated accessories ( defrost & heated seats ) to

come on, see Page 4 for the option choices.  Programming is simple but don't forget to set the "Standard"
mode ( top of Page 7 ) prior to vehicle programming.

Soldering is fun!
clemet 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2011 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
I guess I should have elaborated more I hooked up all the wires for the W2W install for a type 3. I just was going over what I tapped into the truck.
clemet 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
I figured out the light problem this evening when I had time to get back to it. Turns out the connector on the left side of the BCM was pulled loose.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic