alarm when remote started

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Autopage C3-RS-655
Question for all the veterans out there.
I just tried to remote start my car, and open my car door, to see if setting off the alarm when the car was remote started would shut the car down.
But much to my surprise, the alarm didn't go off and the car didn't shut down (clearly).
I thought this would be the case? To me it seems wrong, anyone know if this is right or wrong? I looked in the install manual and saw nothing for programing it to do otherwise. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
How did you open your car, with key?, with remote?   or did you have window down, then lock car, then wait 30 seconds, then reach in and physically unlock manual lock and then open door?
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have not looked at the manual for that autopage, but i have the rs725 and 730. Mine does not shut off if the alarm goes off. If u press the brake while its remote started its an instant shut down. Also you should have a starter kill. Try this, trigger your alarm and try and start the car. It should not start. Hope this helps
No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
I opened the car door, by first using the key in the door, then opening door. Then tried putting down the window, and reaching in to open door. I waited 30 seconds both time, sometimes more. (Also confirmed that the door triggers still worked by opening door without being remote started and the alarm went off)
@jpadj22
Yeah I installed the starter kill, and foot break instant shutdown work. Also trying to start the car when its armed (no alarm going off) it doesnt start, and it sets the alarm off.
The reason I am curious as to why the alarm isn't going off, and why the vehicle wouldn't shut down is because technically if I remote started the car, you could break in, car running, cut the wire to the foot brake. And drive the car away until the remote starters timer runs out.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2011 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
Does the alarm go under normal circumstances without activating the remote start and are we talking about the Autopage as an alarm or a factory alarm?
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Yes Howie alarm still works fine normally. And the autopage. There is no factory alarm.
cubanthug 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2011 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
u got to go on the installation manual and program dome light off
cubanthug

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic