icon

2002 subaru impreza rs, clifford 50.7x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Just reading your last post again, you won't need a relay for the R/S's NSS.
drummerdude 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
What exactly does it say about the diodes.
Except if you connect all of the above and there's nothing wrong with that, IMO, safety first, you will have to in line diode all of them to the R/S's NSS wire, 1N4004, bands away from the R/S.
How will you be making your connections?

I haven't decided yet, normally I would peel back a little of the plastic, separate the copper strands in the middle, insert the new wire, wrap it around the first wire and then itself, and then tape it off properly, but I will solder the joints if necessary.

nevermind about the diodes, it was the remote start negative triggers that needed to be diode isoleted (if used)

I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
SOLDER, heat shrink and Scotch 33+
drummerdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2011 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

ok, relay question, I have it all hooked up, but the relay will still allow the DEI NSS to be grounded.

here is how I have it set up (I added a diode so the -12v when in gear wouldn't pass, only the +12v in neutral) <- I think the diode is the problem

# 85 -12V when in gear. Green with Black stripe wire from ECU. (+12v when in neutral)

#86 +12V from 2nd ignition relay, relay satelite, pink with white stripe on DEI remote starts. Or a 2nd ignition output that supplies +12V from any other alarm. Some only have a 250mA -12V output so it may require you to use a relay to invert the polarity.
#30 is the green parking brake wire in. Just tap off the wire.
#87A is the black with white stripe Nuetral Safety Switch input to DEI remote starts. May be other colors on other alarms.

is it a ground to 85 that disables the relay circuit or is it +12v in neutral that powers the relay (also from 85)

as I am typing this, i am almost sure it is the diode that I have added, as in the -12v when in gear disables the relay???

I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
drummerdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2011 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

figured it out, I bridged the relay and tested it, when in gear, it shows that its gonna start but it never lets the starter engage and then comes back with 8 flashes (neutral safety). no diode when wiring it like this. all installed, all working and completely safe in both manual and automatic mode.

drummerdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all the help!

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
WIsh I saw this post earlier. I have had an 02 WRX, 05 STi, and now an 2011 WRX. Safely put automatic transmission remote starts in all of them. On the 2002, just connect the neutral wire at the ECU to the hood pin input of the remote start. No relay needed. If you install a hood pin, diode isolate the two wires.
On 2005+ the polarity of the neutral wire is (+) in gear, (-) when in neutral. I connect the neutral wire at the ECU to the (+) brake input of the remote start (diode isolated from the real foot brake wire). Once again, no relay needed. I then connect the car's parking brake wire to the neutral safety input (BLACK/ white) of the DEI remote start.
Car will NOT attempt to remote start in gear with both setups.
drummerdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
if you read all the posts, you read that I didn't want to do it the half assed way (neutral safety wire to hood pin). I wanted it done properly. I have already done it, and have said it works, like it should so there is no reason to connect it to the hood pin. Thanks for the post, but there is no reason to not use the relay option, not only does it connect to the neutral safety switch in the car to the right input on the remote start, but it uses the handbrake as well.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
Both ways work fine. I have actually been heavily involved in discussions on how to do this on Subaru websites (Nasioc.com) since my first WRX in 2002. I've done over 15 different Subaru's using a variety of the above mentioned methods from Forester's, Imprezza's, Legacy's and even a Baja. I'll use different methods depending on if I'm using Compustar or DEI remote starters. Compustar products don't have a neutral safety input, which is why I have used the hood input or foot brake input on those.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2011 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
Jeremy, I'm with you 100% on this. Have you seen my post on NSS?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic