icon

kenwood dnx7180 problems w/nav

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2011 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed a new kenwood DNX7180. everything seems to work great except the voice promts on the navigation. The music mutes but no voice prompts/ i turned up the voice to 35 that is max volumn. I installed an alpine ina-w900bt yesterday and had the same problem I took that one back because I thought something was wrong. any clue as to why this is happening. I installed it into 2009 jeep wrangler with infinity system using pac c2r-chy4

. thanks very much

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2011 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Here's what you did wrong...

The factory amplifier only accepts two audio channels (left and right). The amplifier’s fading is controlled by data communication from the factory radio. The aftermarket radio does not have the ability to control the amplifier’s fader. Connect the front outputs of the aftermarket radio to the rear inputs of the 22 pin radio connector. This will allow navigation voice prompts and Bluetooth calls to be heard. The rear speaker outputs of the aftermarket radio are not used.

You gotta use the front speaker wires....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
wheelerdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

front outputs of the aftermarket radio to the rear inputs of the 22 pin radio connector

what does this mean just hook up the the front speaker wires wich is  the white and greys and leave the purple and green unkooked. this does not make sense to me are you saying the amp will play all speakers with just the front speaker wres installed

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2011 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

Yes and no. You must connect the front outputs of the Nav to the rear inputs of the PAC module. In other words, connect the whites off the Nav to the greens on the PAC, and the grays off the nav to the purples on the PAC. The grays and purples on the nav connect to nothing, the whites and grays on the PAC go to nothing.

Since the voice prompt only works off the front outputs of the Nav, and the signal input only works on the rears of the PAC, this is how you must do it....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
wheelerdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2011 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
It did not make sense to me but thanks very much for all your help good to go

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic