global cruise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bains 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2011 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

Dear all,

I did a Rostra Electric cruise control (250-1316) install on my vehicle to replace the CCS100. (Details on post Dec 2010). Till now it was working perfectly and better than the vacuum types. However,

On my last trip while driving at about 60 mph the cruise made a loud ratcheting sound while trying to accelerate.

I switched off the cruise and tried to engage again, nothing happened. The cruise just refused to engage.

On my return, I opened the cruise module to see if anything was broken, everything seemed OK but the pull screw had locked up at one extremity and the ratcheting sound was probably the slipping of the drive cog belt.

I returned the screw slide to centre and boxed up the module. On testing, the cruise holds the set speed  but disengages as soon as accel button is pressed. After a few attempts to re-engage, the module refuses to engage again.

Can any one with similar experience or knowledge regarding resetting the device help. Any one from Rostra !.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Bains G.  

Its always better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it.
bains 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2011 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Install manual with wiring diagram can be found at www.rostra.com/manuals/250-1223Form4565E.pdf.

Part No: 250-1223 is same as Audiovox Ultra Cruise II 250-1316.

Bains

Its always better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic