icon

dei 555l not so idiot proof, won't rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
andrew00perez 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
this is my first alarm install on a car i work on burg alarms for commercial / residential so i'm pretty failure with wiring and resistance diodes and what not but here we go..
Jm working on a 2000 impala with a prestige alarm I'm trying to install the remote start and i cant seem to get it to rs i know for a fact it is the dei 555l passkey ii bypass i have tapped the key to crank for a sec to activate the resistor then tried to remote start and it will RS and work fine but if i don't activate the passkey manually it will not start it will go through the motions but no crank so it has to be the dawn dei 555l i have tested the resistance (cut the yellow wire meter the key side and black wire) and i had my meter set to 20k and it read 1.30 now when i put my meter to the ecm side with the 555l connected i am not reading the 1.30 that i need to start the car but let me back up this is how i'm connected
555l       = 2000 impala/aps920a
red        = red (on ignition)
black      = black(on ignition)
blue/blk   = light blue(alarm)
yellow     = yellow (key side)
blk / YELLOW = yellow (ecm side)
pink       = pink (on ignition)
i really don't know where to go from here i have tried un-plugging it and trying to re learn the resistance but to no avail i was thinking of trying to do the two relays and the resister if i can find that diagram on here again....... anyone please help the rs is kicking my ass and i hate it
thanks for you help i needed all i can get!!!!!!!!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

I am not familiar with the APS920 but if the Light Blue wire ( that is connected to the 555L Blue/Black wire) is

called (-) 3rd Ignition  ( or (-) Status Output or GWR ) the wiring looks OK.  The Install guide does say that the
vehicle should be started with the key and allowed to idle for at least 5 seconds to learn the Passlock 2 resistance
value.  Also not sure what "activate passkey manually" means.  Perhaps key in ignition and ON?

The Passlock 2 system usually controls the fuel supply so the engine should crank during a remote start attempt.

Does the APS920 need to be Tach Learned before a remote start?  Meter the APS920 Starter Output wire.
Any error blinks from the APS920?  If applicable.
Will the remote start do a "PitStop" after the car has been started with the key? 
Are there any "Theft System" lights on the instrument panel?  Tamper Mode
If not, double check your remote starter to ignition wire connections. 

All connections should be soldered for optimum reliability.

Soldering is fun!
andrew00perez 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
well after metering the whole system i found nothing out of the ordinary.. and completely stumped and extreamly wized/fustrated i turned to the olny place i could(my wife) lol i explained the whole thing to her and it was like speaking Greek to a baby giraffe. but she then turned to me and said "maybe you have a wire crossed" then the light bulb turned on.. so i decided to step back and start all over again from the very beginning and i found my problem i had ignition 1 and ignition 2 wires crossed after fixing it the car started right up.. odd but i figured out the problems as always tech error....
thanks for you help i needed all i can get!!!!!!!!
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  

I dont know how you could have had the reversed?  They both are ignitions and should both have power on and off them at the same time,  they're identical.

Just like your two accessorie outputs (org and brn) should be in that vehicle.

ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2011 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ditto, ign 1 & 2 do the same thing, maybe the 555 finally correctly programmed?
graywire 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

I had a 791 bypass module to bypass passlock II on a 2000 chevy impala just to test it, I had it for like 3 weeks and the security message was on the whole time I had this module, then I removed a 555l from a chevy van and installed it in the impala instead of the 791 and it worked dei 555l not so idiot proof, won't rs - Last Post -- posted image.. Just note the wiring info in the back of the module, now if you check the installation manual from xpresskit dot com it tells you exactly how to bypass passlock I and passlock II, the wiring is a little different because passlock I requires you to connect if I'm not wrong blck/wht wire to bulb check and purple to crank wire in vehicle but those two wires are not used for passlock II. Reliable and economic  module for GM vehicles with passlock I or passlock II even if your RS does not have a D2D port, I like it!

Millenium Chevy Impala.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Are you sure that you have ignition 2 programmed as ignition and not accessory? Does the unit have a dedicated ignition 2 output or how did you wire ignition 2?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you got it working, but I had a question.

You mentioned in your first post that ground is hooked up to black of ignition.

Are you sure that black wire is a ground?

Ground for both your Audiovox unit & the bypass should be to a good solid metal ground spot on the car underdash or in kick panel. 

Good Enough Isn't!
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
red wire of 55l should be to constant hot not ign,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic