5900 viper, trunk trigger problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wizwrath 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2011 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys, please Help:

5900 series viper, installed in a 1991 S-15 Pick up, used a magnetic switch for the tail gate trigger, switch has a two wire input, one wire to ground, other wire to the alarm trigger (used the trunk instant trigger ground input) so when the tailgate opens, it triggers the alarm, the remote shows that that trunk lid is open, everything operates as normal, the problem is: when the trunk lid is triggered, on the remote, both the trunk lid and also the hood indicates that it is triggered. And when I only open the hood to trigger the alarm, the hood indicator shows on the remote initially, then after a few blinks, then both the hood and the trunk shows on the indicator on the remote.

I had this same alarm hooked up this same alarm in another vehicle with a standard pin switch and it worked fine, and I also have installed this same alarm model in other vehicles with a standard pin switch and have no problems.

Please help, thank you in advance guys!!!!!!!!

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
Can I assume you've used grey as a hood trigger and blue as a trunk trigger?
if so check BOTH inputs at the 5900 brain using a DMM to make sure they are working correctly, pull on the hood with it shut, hose water at the hood and again test it.
wizwrath 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2011 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Howie II,

I did use the grey hood and blue trunk trigger wire hook ups and on seperate circuits, I did check the trigger to ground's with the meter and also hose water on the front and rear areas (not sure why water would make a difference in this situation) and still the same results, any other ideas you can think of that can be going on?

Anyone else please feel free to chime in!!

Thanks again!

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2011 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
don't think you've done anything wrong, the hosing was simply to see if you were getting any shorts across the switches.
As you said I'm out of the obvious ideas and you've done all the right things.
wizwrath 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2011 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Howie II,

Yea, Im thinking that its the remote itself, I will try it with another remote, its strange how this is the first time I had this particular problem, and after I did think about what you said about the water test (which I should have done in the first place) then it dawned on me that you wanted me to check for shorts, etc.

The only other problem I have had is, on another alarm system (Viper 5900), the remote doesnt stay programed to the system, it works for awhile then all of a sudden it doesnt work anymore.

Thanks a million Howie II....have a good one!!!!!!!5900 viper, trunk trigger problems - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic