icon

2003 tacoma, viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
matthew210 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2011 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

I had an older viper remote start installed, and had no issues, but I'm a little confused about the ignition harness wiring for the 5901.

My truck has the following wires into the ignition harness:

12 Volt        White and WHITE/ Red

Starter         Black

Ignition 1     BLACK/ Red

Ignition 2     BLACK / YELLOW

Accessory   Blue/Red

For the 5901, I understand I will connect violet to the starter side of black, and green to the ignition side of black.  No issues there.  I also know I will connect H3/3 (orange wire) to my accessory wire (blue/red). 

I'm confused as to which wires go to the 12V constants, and which go to ignition 1 and ignition 2.  I'm guessing that the following wires require 12V constant in:

H3/2    RED / White (Flex Relay Input)

H3/6    Red (ignition 1 input)

H3/9    RED / Black (Accessory/Starter Relay Input)

And for my ignition 1 and 2:

Ignition 1   H3/1  Pink (Ignition 1 Input/Output)

Ignition 2   H3/7  Pink/White (Flex Relay Output)

Does all this sound correct?  If so, is there any need for the H3/8 Pink/Black wire (87a Flex Relay Input).  I think it's the flex relay idea that has me confused.  Thanks for any input.

Matt
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2011 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
H3/7 is not used.  Factory default programming is Flex Relay = IGN2.  Should be good to go.  2003 tacoma, viper 5901 - Last Post -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
matthew210 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2011 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
I apologize, but did you mean to say H3/8 is not used?  Everything else I mentioned seems correct?  I really appreciate the fast response.
Matt
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, H3/8 Pink/Black is not used.   Sorry, for the typo / confusion.   Everything else looks fine, you have a good handle on it. 
Soldering is fun!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2011 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
just make sure you power ALL 3 red primarys... Red, RED / White & RED / Black.... and you should be good to go....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
matthew210 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2011 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma and I am in the process of installing a 5901.  I had a different Viper remote start before, and there was one thing that always bothered me that I was hoping to correct when I installed the 5901.  I always leave my headlight switch on, and the lights turn off when I open the door.  The issue is if I remote start my truck, my headlights turn on automatically.  If I let the remote start time out, or if I shut it down from the remote, the headlights stay on because there is no door trigger.  I did a search on here, and found a post where it mentioned using the factory alarm arm output wire to the door trigger to shut down the lights. 

If I did this, would it set off the alarm, or would it ignore it because it happened at shutdown? 

If my door trigger is negative, can I just connect straight to it, or would I need a relay for some reason?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Matt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic