icon

67 camaro alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tekin 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone installed a alarm on a 67 camaro, I need ideas and info to secure this car as I want it to be harder to steal for the person thanks I have a compustar with autostart any ideas, and yes it is a carb'd car and manual doors and windows
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 12, 2011 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
That year car is pretty simple as it does not have any computers to worry about. But being simple can add it's own complications. One of the biggest issues I would see is where to hide the components. I would suggest trying to hide the brain behind the cluster, under the console (if equipped), behind the glove box, in the trunk, somewhere that would make it much tougher for a thief to get to quickly.
Do you plan on adding door lock actuators? When I put one in my 72 Cuda I added actuators to the doors, and added a trunk release solenoid but never added any switches to control those components. I used just the brain of the system to control each.
If you plan on using the remote start portion of the system, you will need something to activate the throttle/choke. I have done a few carb'd cars over the years but the motor needs to be in perfect running order. A trunk solenoid is what I would use as it has no real rest resistance and is less likely to fail in the 'stuck open' position. You would use an aux channel to activate the solenoid that pulls the throttle and activates the choke. Then remote start the car.
I have only installed a few of their systems, but Compustar makes quality equipment so as long as the installation is sound it should provide you years of trouble free operation. Make sure you solder every wire, and plan out the entire installation before putting in anything, figure out where you plan on running wires, where you plan on mounting components, how to protect those components from the environment and make them difficult for a thief to access, what features you want, etc.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic