icon

2002 monte carlo diode isolation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blueatlanta 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2011 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a remotw start, keyless, etc alarm on a 2002 monte carlo and the diode isolation is driving me crazy.
As it stands, I have the negative door trigger wire coming from the alarm brain to the blue and blue/white wires coming from the BCM.
From the door triggers, they pass through a diode, then continue on to the BCM/Piggy-backed door trigger alarm wire. This gives me a false trigger when the BCM grounds out.
I am having the same issue with the parking light negative wire (white wire on BCM). Giving me the Service Engine Soon light when the remote start is used.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2011 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
You will need to 1076 the door triggers. For park light I've always used BROWN / white (+) coming from the switch. You can find a 1076 diagram in the download section.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

Relay isolate the Parking light wire away from the BCM.  Wire SPDT relay as follows:

Relay Pin 86 to (+) Parking Light output of remote starter.  ( Set R/S for (+) Parking Light output )

Relay Pin 30 to vehicle side of cut White Parking Light wire.
Relay Pin 87A to BCM side of cut White Parking Light wire.
Relay Pin 85 and 87 to chassis ground.

Soldering is fun!
blueatlanta 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Relay isolate the Parking light wire away from the BCM.  Wire SPDT relay as follows:

Relay Pin 86 to (+) Parking Light output of remote starter.  ( Set R/S for (+) Parking Light output )

Relay Pin 30 to vehicle side of cut White Parking Light wire.
Relay Pin 87A to BCM side of cut White Parking Light wire.
Relay Pin 85 and 87 to chassis ground.

informative. and thanks, but i found out i just needed to get to the light blue headlight switch wire. will try door/trunk triggers tomorrow.
blueatlanta 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2011 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
mikvot wrote:
You will need to 1076 the door triggers. For park light I've always used BROWN / white (+) coming from the switch. You can find a 1076 diagram in the download section.
that makes sense! thanks! double diode it
blueatlanta 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
just fyi, the light blue wire from the headlight switch will give you the service engine light as well as keep the low current headlights on.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2011 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

Using the White (-) Parking Light wire at the BCM with the relay posted above will work and not cause the "Service Engine Soon" light.

Haven't tried mikvot's way but his suggestion agrees with this info from Bulldog and DEI :

PARKING LIGHTS ( + )   BROWN / WHITE (+)    @ PASSENGER SIDE JUNCTION BLOCK ABOVE KICK PANEL

How did you end up doing it?

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic