icon

cm6000, rps touch pager, what gives?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cousinit99 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2011 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, so I've got my cm6000 installed now.  Everything's hooked up and working like it should (door locks, remote start, sensors, triggers, trunk release), EXCEPT for this RPS touch pager.  It's not the RPS-2, it's the one pictured below with 1 2 3 4 5 and the red circle, but either way this is the last thing I expected to have a problem with. 

Can someone please help me decipher this thing or figure out what the hell is wrong with it?  The LED plugged into CN11 lights up solid (as if the system were in valet mode) when this pager is plugged into the RPS port at CN12, but the system is not in valet mode.  As soon as you unplug the pager, the LED goes out.  Plug it back in, the LED lights up solid again. 

I followed the instructions on the little quick-start card that came with it.  To program the 4 digit code, put the key in the ignition, turn to on, open the driver door, and press on the red circle for 2.5 seconds until the LEDs start to flash in a circular pattern.  So, when I do this, all 5 LEDs light up solid as soon as I start pressing the red circle, and then go out after 2.5 seconds.  That's it, they don't flash circular or at all.

I do have the 3-10 valet menu option set to 3 (secure valet or remote valet), but I don't think that matters anyway..

I had to send in my primary remote for replacement, so I don't have a 2-way remote programmed *yet*.  Could this be why?  What gives with this thing?

cm6000, rps touch pager, what gives? - Last Post -- posted image.

cousinit99 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2011 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
ttt
cousinit99 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
Answer: The RPS-Touch and LED cannot be plugged into the CM6000 at the same time. If you have an RPS-Touch, then unplug the LED from CN11. Problem solved..
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

As cousin said, The LED and valet switch according to the ver7.11 install manual I found last night will not let the touch work or something like that, it is either the touch or the led, valet, and RPS-2. Also, I have found out that the controll module has to be programmed with firmware 5.6 (I think it was) or newer to use the RPS-Touch along with being told in the programming options that you are using the touch.

I am currently going through the same thing, my brain boxes aren't updated enough to use the touch so now, even though I don't need them, I have to find a blade module (or two, Maybe) for the 2 alarms I have installed (or will be installing, 1 done so far) JUST to update the brains firmware. I'm still looking for info on if 1 blade can be used to flash multiple brain boxes or if I need 1 for each box even though the vehicle dont need a bypass.

ver 7.11 install manual

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

edit: I had to change the link, The one I gave before ddin't come out for some reason so I just posted the manual to the12volts list of manuals.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1207

or search "cm6000" without quotes and it's the 2nd one down.

cousinit99 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Nice catch, Ace. I took the copy of V.7.11 you uploaded and compared it to V.6.07. I just uploaded another PDF to the CM6000 collection which shows how the two versions are different (redactions, additions, and the like).
CM6000 Install Manual - Detailed Changes between V.6.07 and V.7.11
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1208
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know if it will help anything but I came across the dealer support site from compustar and was able to obtain a wealth of info including a ton of different install and users manuals along with some firmware updates. including the v6.07 update for the cm6000. All I did was google searched "how to update compustar cm6000 with blade" and it was the second result. I think that with this we may be able to flash the 6.07 onto our brains/modules if you have an OP500 and it's included wires, I havn't tried it yet.
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

I just went to update the "spare" module I had and what I had to do was first install the "weblink 4.1 firmware" from the compustar site then when I went to update the module the pages I printed were too small to see so I went to the site again and discovered that they have updated it in the past hour or so while I was doing some fille management on my PC and now have 7.1 on the site.

I have yet to put the module on my truck and make sure it worked but I plan on trying to do that tomorrow and will let you know how it turns out once I do.

ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know who all is watching or looking at this thread but if anyone knows if there is a way to check the firmware of a control module (or to make sure the flash was accepted) without the module installed in a vehicle (hooked to the computer or something) I would be very welcome to hear about it, I would like to check this control module I tried to flash, I swapped my second module that I updated with a working module in my truck and once I made all the connections and re-connected the ground the module started to make or cause(I couldn't tell in the little space I was in) a clicking as if a relay was continously being activated and de-activated. I want to make sure nothing was messed up and the module is flashed correctly.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic