icon

nakamichi

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Are they what they used to be? I have found new decks but they are on flea. So I question how good they are now.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
It has been a long downhill drive from the Dragon.
dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
That sucks, I have never been much of a fan of the main steam names. I am still using an Eclipse CD deck from 12 years ago I paid 500 for it originally. The Knob function just does not work anymore. Is there any thing that is close to it? The 8051? I have been scared to try the fix you gave me awhile back to fix it.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Explain what you mean by the knob function. Are you talking about the volume knob? If so, when it started giving you trouble, would the volume go down if you were turning it up, and vice versa?
dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, its the volume knob Sorry its the 5341R
It just happened once I hooked it back up into my wife's car. Every thing works great on the deck, volume ect. It just will not do anything when you push in the knob to get to the other functions on the deck. I did take it to a Eclipse Authorized dealer and he was able to isolate the part but it did not have a part number on it and Eclipse would not give him one or tell him what it was.
You gave me this advise one time but I don't want to mess with it, its just not my area.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~103816~KW~dragon51~PN~2~TPN~2
xnbsx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2011 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
The CD-350 I just got on Craigslist for $25 is fantastic. It was made in 1997/1998. No volume knob either.
Most of the volume knob issues I had on my older ones were dirty pots. and the way Nak made all these, you can easily swap them out yourself.
Ive been a VW/Audi guy my whole life (pre 1992 only), and Naks have been in every car ive owned.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic