icon

ignition wire / door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mleaser 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2011 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I have a 2007 Ford F150 that is setup with the ignition wire does not turn off with the key, but turns off when you take out the key and open either driver or passenger door. I have the Viper 5701 and with those remotes you can easily hit a button to start the vehicle... Problem is when I accidently hit the Remote start and hit the button again to turn it off, it will turn off the vehicle but will leave the stereo and accessory's on until I actually go out to the truck and open a door and shut it. How can I make the ignition wires turn off without a door trigger? I don't really want to modify anything on the vehicle, but add something or program something on the alarm. thanks!
mleaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2011 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

Not to confuse anyone, i meant the ignition wire being 12v Switched

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2011 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
You need to use the factory rearm wire on the Viper to pulse the drivers door trigger wire. This will shut it off, or you could just leave it alone as the radio will shut itself off after 10 minutes.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mleaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks! i will hook that up tomorrow and see if it works out. I hope that I still have my auxiliary harness.. Never had a use for it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic