icon

prostart ct-3371 won't start car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
guimond47 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys i just bought the CT-3371 prostart and istalled it my self. most of all the wires are connected . i got past the step bouts to programming the transmitter. and now i can unlock the doors fine and lock them as well. but when i hit the start button on the remote the lights flicker 3 times as well as a clicking sound. im wondering if there a mode that its in or do i have to go and put it in ready mode. i tried putting it in ready mode but when it tell me in the book " press the brake then apply the e-brake the turn off the car and car should stay running" part the car dosent stay running wen the key gets turned off.  bbut apparently ready mode is for manual transmission soo im clueless.

weathers starting to get cold and i want my car starter:( the help would be appreciated guys :) thanks.

blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

if the car is an automatic transmission then you need to program it that way

guimond47 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
what u mean that way ?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2011 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

What model and make of car are you installing this into?  If it has an automatic transmission, follow the instructions on page 15 of the install manual for manual or automatic transmission.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
guimond47 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
its for a 99 grand prix gtp pontiac and its automatic.
jmullan99 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2011 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
An automatic does not require "ready mode". That is for manual transmission. The Prostart modules require you to set up for manual or automatic. If I recall, there is a small yellow wire loop that you have to cut if you install it in an automatic transmission vehicle.
That programming will "stick" after the first successful remote start.
John
guimond47 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
i did cut the yellow loop but still not working.....:/ like i said the lights flick 3 times wen u press the start button..... and then does nothing...
jmullan99 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2011 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
Find the section in the install manual that shows what the different flash codes mean and start from there. I'm just guessing at this point, but sounds like you might have connected the parking brake wire (it's one of the reasons for 3 flashes according to the manual). You don't need that for automatic transmission mode.
I doubt it's going into "cold weather mode". You have to do something extra to get into that mode. Like hold the start button for 10 seconds instead of a short press.
PS: The clicking you hear is the internal relay flashing the lights and is normal.
John
chrisf88 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Have you programmed your tach signal?
Radio d'Auto Mobile Inc. Installer
Québec, Qc, Canada
guimond47 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
yea i do have the parking brake wire hooked up..  but i remember it did the same thing without it hooked up.... and yes tech is hooked up and dont know how to program it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic