icon

security and convenience brands

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
I have been installing Crimestopper mostly.  I know most seem to prefer viper, but are they really better?  I have not had any problems with the crimestopper units really.  I really think most prefer Viper just cause everyone know the name.  I do like the assortment of accessorys DEI has compared to Crimestopper.  What do you prefer?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2011 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
For years I refused to use DEI products. I worked at a shop that was an authorized Clifford dealer. Avital was their less expensive brand. Then they were bought out by DEI. The shop owner wanted nothing to do with DEI so we used Prestige, Crimestopper, Crimeguard, Excalibur, etc. I can say that we never had any real trouble with any of those brands. As long as the installation is properly executed most brands will last reliably for years.
However, once I tried the DEI stuff I started to understand why they were so popular. I know the market is flooded with them, but there is a reason for this. If you are looking to try a very reliable brand that isn't saturated in the market, I would recommend trying CompuStar.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2011 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
I have thought about Compustar.  A distruibtor that I use near me carries them and Autopage.  All my dealings have been DEI (python) or Crimestopper.  Really have not had any issues with Crimestopper, other than installer mess up's...but Im leaning.
ruki101 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2011 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
I usually use Ultra Starter and installed to one of my vehicle and they are really good. No issue or what so ever. But I came up with the same thought as yours and a member here once told me to try other brands and I actually did. Recently, I've just installed Python to a Civic and the install went fine. So far I haven't heard anything from the owner.. I guess I just need to get used to the system as well as the bypass module I'm using. To cut it short, I think I like DEI product lines and I'm planning to install Viper on my Si.. :-)
For the future install, I might try some COMPUSTAR to see how good they are to installer point of view..
Just About Anything Sparks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic