icon

intellikit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chek 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2011 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Do I really need to be a dealer to flash my interface? I cant even install the software on my computer!!
chek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
SORRY I ment iDatalink! I got to frustrated and used the wrong name!
chek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
if a mod can change the subject to idatalink please
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2011 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, you do.
And I was recently at a training session presented by Phil from ADS, and he said that he verifies every account registration personally to see if it's a legitimate dealer or not.
So, if you buy any of these modules online, be sure to buy from a competent seller who will flash it with the proper firmware before sending it out, or you might have to pay a local dealer to flash it.
If you search around on this forum, there are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of posts from people who bought incorrectly-flashed bypass modules of all brands.
cjanke 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2011 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

No offense but it is meant to keep the diy-ers from using the product. These are very good modules designed for professionals with a certain amount of skill to install. If you are a a pro you should have no trouble getting a log in.

chek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2011 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
No offence taken at all. I really dont know what you mean by pro though. I am an ASE technician that does fleet for an ambulance company, mostly Duramax and Powerstroke engines, as well as all the electrical......radios, gps trackers, lights, sirens...you get the idea, lol. I also work as a paramedic for the same company. I live in a medium sized town in NE Arizona and right now I am the only one in 200 miles who does car alarm and remote starters, mostly for Fire, EMS, LE, nurses, snow plow operators, power company employees and so forth.I cover my workmanship for as long as I breathe the air in this area. People trust me.  If I wont do the installs then people go to Flagstaff or Phoenix and have to pay about double what I charge. Right now the area cant really support a full time installer or I would gladly buy the $3000 per quarter worth of items required to become a "dealer". Most of my installs come around this time of year and drop off during the warm months. I really like the IdataLink modules and was ready to purchase some with the USB cable but something told me to try to download the software first, lucky I did! I like DEI products also but they wont give any tech support to non dealers. I guess the 'in betweeners" are kinda screwed lol.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic