viper 5301 programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ahlfan 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2011 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

hello,

i purchased a repackaged viper 5301 and sucessfully installed it into a 2003 honda civic. all fuctions seem to work. lock/unlock/remote start/panic. 2 way capability and can sucessfully enter valet mode and back out

heres my problem

im not getting confirmation honks on lock/unlock

i cant seem to get the unit to enter programming mode ive tried every step in the manual at least ten times and never get a confirmation honk or blink from the led ( led blinks when vehicle is locked so im assuming its communicating properly).

now this is a lx civic so there are very limited inputs/outputs.

my first question is there a certain amounts of inputs that must be seen by the brain before it will allow programming mode to be entered?

ruki101 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
For the honks, test the (-) horn output wire from the RS module with multimeter. If there's no negative signal during locking & unlocking, the module might not have been reset to default settings.
For programming, did you the follow the step 1 correctly? Also, check the H3/1 Pink (Ignition Output) if this properly connected. You must connect this wire to get in to programming mode.
Just About Anything Sparks
ahlfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2011 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

no i do not have a pulse on this wire. also my pink wire is connected (blk / YELLOW ign1 in civic)

buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2011 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
You did hook up the brown wire to the horn output correct? Is the blue LED staying on even when the vehicle is unlocked? If so, you need to take the unit out of valet mode before you can enter programming.
ahlfan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
FINNNAAALLLLY  FIXED found a high resistance to the programing wire (grey) from the valet led to the brain. ran a jumper and programmed everything successfully

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic