the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 infiniti m35x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  
Starting a new thread off my original (2005 Mercedes C320) for the 07 Infiniti M35x
I could use some quick insight on this vehicle; 2007 Infiniti M35x. There is very limited information and I could use some suggestions here... mainly is the M35x the same as the M35 and how much complexity am I looking at on this one???
Thanks in advance.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
If I'm not mistaken the "x" simply denotes that the vehicle is all wheel drive. That is how it is on the G35s anyway.
There is massive amounts of info about this vehicle on the web - http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/M/2007_M45-M35/
Focus on the bl.pdf file for most of the security wiring diagrams and EC.pdf for engine control.
Typically with these Nissans the biggest challenge is running wires inside the doors to maintain the OEM remote window control. If the customer doesn't care about remote window control then you have many more options (data modules, wires in to empty slots on the BCM for door locks, etc). The BCM should be behind the glove box and you'll get many of your wires there.
Kevin Pierson
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
I figured they were the same, but I didn't want to get into it and find out that nothing was matching up. I've been out of the game for a bit (didn't have a garage when C.City closed so I wasn't doing a whole lot of side work until now). The remote window control is similar to that of the VW's correct? Hold ground on lock for up; unlock for down? Molex plugs used to concern me but ever since finding the write up on here about safely drilling the plug its been 100x easier.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
As far as the bypass is concerned, I was looking at going with the Fortin Evo-All after reading up about it in here. Seems like the best module for the keyless ignition.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
If it is a smartkey then things do change a bit. I've never done a Smartkey Nissan remote start!
Kevin Pierson
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2011 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

Use and ADS AL-CA

I do alot of PTS Nissans and now and then an Infinity.

They're pretty much alike, except for the IPDM under the hood.  It's more tucked away on the Infinitys.

I did a new M56(?) and the BCM was like a Nissan Juke (example)

offroadzj 
Posted: November 04, 2011 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Does that module require any firmware programming? That is one thing I'd like to stay away from so I don't have to deal with buying the software / hardware to program each bypass. At least until I get a few more in and know that I can still pull at least some profit. Right now things are still REAL slow... a ton of interest and quotes, but only 1 definite right now.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2011 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
Mark Mizenko wrote:
Use and ADS AL-CA
I do alot of PTS Nissans and now and then an Infinity.
They're pretty much alike, except for the IPDM under the hood.  It's more tucked away on the Infinitys.
I did a new M56(?) and the BCM was like a Nissan Juke (example)
Connections under the hood, or at the IPDM are no longer necessary.
https://ifar.ca/newsletters/20111020.html

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic