icon

heated seat wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
andeyhall 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
I've got an 03 F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, and it's got driver and passenger side heated seats. I want to wire up my remote start to kick on the heated seats whenever the remote start is running, plus I want the switches on the sides of the seats to work like normal, plus I want to hook up my passenger side seat to a switch so that I can cut on the heat for my girlfriend or whoever when I'm on my way to their house or for whatever reason, and I also have two LED indicator lights that I'm wanting to wire up to both seats to show if they are on. I've got a relay and 2 bridge rectifiers, and I'm trying to wire all this up without getting feedback from one seat to another. Basically, the way I first wired it, when I turned my driver side switch on it would also turn on the passenger side because of the way I had the wires bridged. It's getting really confusing and I can't keep everything straight, so if anybody can explain or draw up some type of diagram that would be awesome. Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2011 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
Use this diagram:- seat_heat.bmp
2 relays, 2 x 12v LEDs*, 2 x 1n4001 diodes, 2 x 30 amp fuses and holders and two switches (simple on-off).
The first switch will control the passenger heating and turn it on at any time, the second switch (not shown) should be inserted after the R/S and the joins to the relays to be able to disable in the summer.
I believe your unit has a second status wire, if so use it, if not diode separate from it's existing use, e.g. as a by-pass feed.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2011 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry the purple is the wire actually going into the seat heater well after the switch.
andeyhall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
Is there any way I could do this using 4 prong relays without the 87a prong? Because there's only one place that sells them around here and they are EXPENSIVE!! I also have 2 full wave bridge rectifiers if that would help anything...
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2011 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
No.
andeyhall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2011 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
No.
Ok im trying to figure out how I'm going to make this work. For my heated seats, there is a relay that puts 12V to the heated seat switch whenever the ignition is turned to ON. Then on the heated seat switch there are 3 more wires...one that gets 12V whenever the switch is pushed of course, and then 2 more that have continuity to ground whenever the switch is off, and then when the seats are turned on they no longer have continuity to ground. I've tried bypassing the switching putting 12V straight to the wire that powers the heated seats but I get nothing. What do I need to do?
andeyhall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
And those 2 ground wires still have continuity between each other even when they lose their continuity to ground.
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2011 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
Your best bet is to get the relay Howie was talking about.  If it's too expensive out there check online, and check ebay too.  Should be way cheaper.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic