no func test during smartstart activat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
heezy101 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2011 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ, Viper 5701, Viper SmartStart VMS200
First of all thanks to everyone I've spoken with so far on this site. All of you have been more than helpful and this is a great resource.
I received the activation website and other info to get my self installed SmartStart up and running. The problem is, when I get to the test page of activation, none of the functions work. So I haven't completed activation yet.
I'm using the red plug to attach the SmartStart to the 5701 brain. I have the red wire to 12+ and the black to ground. I have the white loop cut.
I get a solid amber light but no green light(I'm not sure if this is normal). I turned on SmartStart with the 5701 key fob. The strange part about that is, if I turn the vehicle ignition to run, it automatically switches SmartStart off again (5 long slow marker light flashes. Again, not sure if this is normal).
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to get this thing activated and working properly? Thanks in advance, Ryan
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2011 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Neither Loops are supposed to be cut. Join the white loop back together and power cycle the DSM200 after you join the white back together. Also there are LED indicators on it, there is a chart in the install manual that tells you what is going on. I bet you have a Orange led solid with an Green blinking. Green blinking means that the DSM200 is not talking to the 5701. Its not talking because you cut the white loop. Also, when you reconnect the white loop and power cycle the DSM200, They led will flash for a short while. This amber flashes as it connects to the cellular service, and green flashes as it connects to the 5701. At the end they should both be solid. If its an older model DSM200 the LED's are kinda in the same spot, so its hard to tell they are both solid. You kinda have to move it or your head around to get a different viewing angle on the LED to see the different colors.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2011 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
heezy101 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2011 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I had the white loop connected and still no green led. I know the patterns of the amber led from the install paperwork I have and that was working as expected. I'll recconcet the white loop and pull the use to cycle everything, then try activating again. I never had a green led. I know they are both next to each other so I was careful when looking. I never had a green light. I'll try reconnecting and cycling. Thanks again
heezy101 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
I got it straightened out. I had the red connector from the SmarStart module plugged into the red xpresskit spot on the 5701. I disconnected that and plugged the black 3 wire connector on the SmartStart into the bitwriter spot on the 5701. That gave me the green light and everything tested and activated perfectly. Thanks again for the replys.
redlikemethodz 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having a somewhat similar problem. I have a 2005 FX35 with a 5701 and XK09 installed. I'm installing a smartstart DSM100. I hooked in the 12v power and grounded the box. I then plugged the 3 pin into the bitwriter port on the brain. But when it powers up the amber and green lights flash together rapidly with a short pause every 3 seconds. Has anyone run into this before?
thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic