07 chevy silverado classic viper vss300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rwb713 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2011 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

Complete newbie to this forum (sorry :( , i hate it too ) but i purchased a viper vss3000 remote start kit w/ dsm200 smartstart recently and i'm looking for info before i start the install.

I've browsed around the forum and seen a few things that could help, but i want to get a few more opinions and some info before i dig in. I have a decent knowledge of DC electronics, know how to use a multimeter, and have worked for years with simpler vehicle electrical installs, troubleshooting, and the like.  This remote start is a little more in depth than i've been into tho, mainly because of the actual involvement of the BCM/PCM of my truck.

First off, does anyone have the wiring diagram for an 07 Silverado Classic, and/or is it just the same as an 06?

Second,. What other modules do i need (and where do i get them) to get it to work correctly? and if possible, why i need them would be great info. My truck has power locks / windows, and keyless entry (LS Package), which i want to be able to lock/ unlock with the smartstart as well.

Third, Suggestions? Comments? Trash Talk? Useless info?  All is welcome.

Thanks in advance

silverbullet555 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2011 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing a Viper 5702 in a 2007 Silverado Classic. For the wiring I used the 06 wiring diagram and it was a perfect match. I used a DEI DLPKGM bypass module and hooked it up D2D. All features worked.
I prewired the alarm and module and then did the install in the truck.
James
rwb713 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Do i need a seperate module for the door locks too? I read something about some models needing them and some not, but the post was really unclear
rwb713 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

Further research shows i can use a combo bypass module for both start & locks. Anyone used the Xpresskit DBALL? Does it work as good as it seems like it should?

zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2011 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Extremely easy truck to do. DBALL will work just fine on that truck and should take care of everything.
Item     Wire Color     Polarity     Wire Location
12 Volts     red (40A)     +     ignition harness
Second 12 Volts     red (40A)      +     ignition harness
Starter     yellow     +     ignition harness
Second Starter     N/A          
Ignition     pink     +     ignition harness
Second Ignition     white     +     ignition harness
     To avoid the check engine light from coming on and possible damage to the automatic transmission, the second ignition in this vehicle MUST be powered when adding a remote start system.
Third Ignition     N/A          
Accessory     orange     +     ignition harness
Second Accessory     brown     +     ignition harness
Third Accessory     N/A           
Keysense     lt. green     -     BCM, lt. blue plug, pin A1
     The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash. It has 6 plugs, the purple plug is on the back.
Data Bus     yellow (resistor code), black (ground)     Passlock 2     Passlock sensor on ignition key cylinder
Can Bus High     N/A          
Can Bus Low     N/A          
Can Bus Sw     purple (J1850 Class 2 Serial Data)     data     data link connector, black 16 pin plug, pin 2
Power Lock     use Directed interface module (except base models)          
     If interface module is not available, refer to Tech Doc 1601. The driver door lock/unlock motor wires are gray - tan (5 wire) at the driver window switch, black 26 pin plug, pins 21 and 20. The passenger door lock/unlock motor wires are gray - tan (5 wire) at the passenger window switch, black 26 pin plug, pins 10 and 11. The rear doors power lock/unlock wires are gray/black (-) - tan/black (-) at the BCM, gray plug, pins A6 and A3. The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash. It has 6 plugs, the purple plug is on the back. ON BASE MODELS, THE POWER LOCK - UNLOCK WIRES ARE LT. BLUE - WHITE (-) AT THE BCM, LT. BLUE PLUG, PINS B5 and B10.
Power Unlock     see power lock          
Lock Motor     gray (except base models)     5 wire     driver window switch, black 26 pin plug, pin 21
     On base models, it is gray (5 wire) at the dash fuse box, black 12 pin plug, pin C.
Driver Unlock Motor     tan (except base models)     5 wire     driver window switch, black 26 pin plug, pin 20
     On base models, it is tan (5 wire) at the dash fuse box, black 12 pin plug, pin F.
Passenger Unlock Motor     tan (except base models)     5 wire     passenger window switch, black 26 pin plug, pin 11
     On base models, it is tan (5 wire) at the dash fuse box, rear, black 68 pin plug, pin D11.
Parking Lights (-)     gray/black     -     BCM, brown plug, pin B2
     The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash. It has 6 plugs, the purple plug is on the back.
Parking Lights (+)     brown (L), BROWN / white (R)     +     underhood fuse box, red 32 pin plug, pins F6 and C6
Hazards     white     -     hazard switch
Turn Signal (Left)     dk. green     +     turn signal switch
Turn Signal (Right)     lt. green     +     turn signal switch
Headlight     white     -     BCM, lt. blue plug, pin A12
AutoLights     dk. green (ground to turn off autolights)     -     BCM, brown plug, pin A8
Reverse Light     lt. green     +     BCM, black plug, pin F
Left Front Door Trigger     gray/black (except base models)     -     driver window switch, black 26 pin plug, pin 18
     On base models, it is gray/black (-) at the BCM, lt. blue plug, pin B4. The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash. It has 6 plugs, the purple plug is on the back.
Right Front Door Trigger     BLACK/ white (except base models)     -     passenger window switch, black 26 pin plug, pin 5
     On base models, it is BLACK/ white (-) at the BCM, lt. blue plug, pin A5. The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash. It has 6 plugs, the purple plug is on the back.
Left Rear Door Trigger     lt. blue/black      -     BCM, purple plug, pin A3
Right Rear Door Trigger     lt. GREEN/ black      -     BCM, purple plug, pin A2
Dome Supervision     gray/black     +     BCM, black plug, pin E
Trunk/Hatch Pin     N/A          
Rear Glass Pin     N/A           
Hood Pin     N/A          
Trunk/Hatch Release     N/A          
Trunk Release Motor     N/A          
Fuel Door Release     N/A           
Power Sliding Door (Left)     N/A          
Power Sliding Door (Right)     N/A          
Factory Alarm Arm     arms on lock with door open          
Factory Alarm Disarm     lt. green (driver door key cylinder)     -     driver window switch, black 26 pin plug, pin 15
Disarm No Unlock     see factory alarm disarm          
Trunk Alarm Shunt     N/A          
Tachometer     white     ac     instrument cluster, gray 24 pin plug, pin A5
     Can also go to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud. On gas models, the tach wire is in the green plug, pin 10. On diesel models, the tach wire is in the black 58 pin plug, pin 55. On hybrid models, the tach wire is in the green plug, pin 35.
Wait to Start     dk. blue     -     instrument cluster, gray 24 pin plug, pin A2
     Can also go to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud. The wait to start wire is in the black 58 pin plug, pin 16. On the remote start, make sure to program the Accessory State During Wait To Start to ON.
Neutral Safety     N/A           
Clutch Pedal     pink (input), dk. green (output)     +N.O.(gas)     clutch switch, black 6 pin plug, pins C and D
     On diesel models, it is - N.O.
Fuel Pump     gray      +     underhood fuse box, red 32 pin plug, pin F1
Rear Defroster     white     - latched     BCM, gray plug, pin A8
Mirror Defroster     (Class 2 Serial Data)           
Left Front Heated Seat     dk. blue     +     driver window switch, green 12 pin plug, pin 9
Right Front Heated Seat     dk. blue     +     passenger window switch, green 12 pin plug, pin 3
Speed Sense     dk. GREEN / WHITE     4K     instrument cluster, gray 24 pin plug, pin A4
     Can also go to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud. On gas models, the VSS wire is in the green plug, pin 50. On diesel models, the VSS wire is in the black 58 pin plug, pin 42. Also found at the radio harness, on some models.
Brake Wire     white     +     brake switch
Parking Brake     lt. blue     -     BCM, lt. blue plug, pin A7
Horn Trigger     black     -     BCM, gray plug, pin B9
Wipers     pink (L), dk. blue/white (H), yellow (ignition)     +,-     wiper switch
Left Front Window (Up/Down)     dk. blue - brown     C     driver window switch, black 4 pin plug, pins 3 and 1
Right Front Window (Up/Down)     dk. blue - brown     C     passenger window switch, black 4 pin plug, pins 4 and 1
Left Rear Window (Up/Down)     dk. blue - brown     C     left rear window switch, brown 8 pin plug, pins F and G
Right Rear Window (Up/Down)     dk. blue - brown     C     right rear window switch, brown 8 pin plug, pins F and G
Sun Roof (Open/Close)     brown - orange (function with ignition on only)     +     sunroof switch, black 8 pin plug, pins E and A
Sun Roof (Limit/Close)     N/A          
Memory Seat 1     red     +     driver window switch, green 12 pin plug, pin 10
Memory Seat 2     pink     +     driver window switch, green 12 pin plug, pin 5
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
rwb713 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2011 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a bunch!, just ordered the DBALL and the xloader2 which should be here friday, I'll get it all put in next week and let ya know if i catch anything on fire. (that's entirely sarcastic, i don't see myself having any problems at all really).   Anyone heard anything about the Viper smartstart carrier not being able to handle the amounts of traffic it gets?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic