icon

6 tv issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dabimer 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
hey folks i have 2 20" tvs and 4 7" tvs in a 87 g body...now when my screens are on with car off they look crisp and clear not even a flicker of any kind and work perfect...now when i turn the key to ignition on or start the car my tvs go crazy all kinds of lines going up and down and intermittently the screens will result in no video(blue screen) or just black ... any ideas where to start? thanks all in advance
Phreak480 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
start by checking all your grounds as well as all other cabling connections.
dabimer 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
the power is properly fused and distributed from a batt source from the main fuse panel and the grounds are all individually grounded to body with a DMM i checked resistance and it was good and voltage loss was practically non existing...
Phreak480 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
i'm assuming you have some kind of signal splitter to send signal to all your tv's try connecting 1 at a time to a source and see if the problems persists. Perhaps if you have only a splitter you need an amplifier. Also perhaps you have a bad signal cable somewhere.
dabimer 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2011 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
i have an amplifier removed one by one n no matter what i still have the same poop...this weekend ima reinstall all the screeens one by one from scratch n see where i end up :(
dabimer 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
free and clear guys as my dash is out i took the liberty of rewiring EVERYTHIN...needless to say i may have ruined one tv and my startin circuit is not engaging will try fixing that soon i hope anyways everythin else works .... the only two things that changed i wired + Pos straight to the batt properly fused each tv of course and grounded all of it straight to the batt as well....perfect so far as my key on power is working and before it would go crazy on jus ign power but i want to get the car actually started to see any change which i doubt now but stil keeping my fingers crossed lol will keep updated once i do get it running .... thanks all for your input
dabimer 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Phreak480 wrote:
start by checking all your grounds as well as all other cabling connections.
thanks Phreak480 ...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic