the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 bmw 325 xi transponder issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
I'm working on a 2003 BMW 325XI for a customer, installing a compustar FT-6200S-CONT remote start with the RF-1BAM remote. Everything works, test it with the key in the ing. But cant seem to bypass the transponder when i install a key in a box. I've used compustar transponder bypass module with different ways of strapping the antenna loop. I've also used a 556u with the antenna loop and hard wire to the factory ring but no luck. Ive read talking about 2 green wires coming from the ing and using those to tap on too, to use the factory ring. But ive tap the 2 black wire coming from the actual factory ring in the key cylinder. I got 2 keys, they both have the lock and unlock buttons. Those any body have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
use a 556uw and set for 60 loop winding.
use a valet key as well, heard many issues with master keys left inside the car.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ceasar326 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Is the 556u different from 556uw? Also the valet key meaning the one that has no keyless buttons? Thanks for the quick response.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
the 556uw i believe has more inductive wiring to pick up the data from the key. and yes the valet key has no buttons just a blank cut key with chip.
Ted
Compustar Expert
ceasar326 
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Ok just called the customer and his going to go ahead and order that. Now how would i wire the 556uw once i get the valet key.
tedmond 
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
same as a 556u, power, ground, gwr.
wire loop euro style. cut the loop off and tap right into the immobilizer ring.
Ted
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
You're a fast learner Ted, can I now retire from being the BMW guru?
But before I do that here's a shortcut on that vehicle.
RED / yellow constant via timer feeds to the trunk dome lights, diodes 1N4004 in line near the lights, bands towards the lights, otherwise every 3 or so arms, the alarm will trigger (spikes going through the bulbs from the BCM).
Don't bother with removing the glovebox to get at the BCM, it's a PITA to put back.
Driver side under dash and kickpanel, under dash for your ignition and lights wiring, tach at data link, black wire pin 9, adjacent is a puddle lamp, RED / blue POS door triggers.
Kickpanel, open up loom coming from door (a right PITA) WHITE/ black lock, RED / blue, unlock NEG trigger; extend lock time for comfort close.
Hood switch is BROWN / green doesn't matter it's at a plastic housing at engine false bulkhead, right hand side. Not plain brown.
Right hand side, floor loom, go to rear of driver's seat, less wires, grey/lt. green trunk release, apply a POS 5 amp fused. Trunk trigger, WHITE/ brown, NEG.
Make the vehicle violet ACC a second ignition otherwise it won't start.
tedmond 
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
no you cant retire just yet, even though you deserve to 2003 bmw 325 xi transponder issue - Last Post -- posted image.
i cant say i know BMW inside out, but i assisted in a few start/alarm installs (03-08). not the easiest car to do, but they are doable with time. the bypass used was also a 556uw so i know them a little more now. The newer version of the bmw 08 3 and 5 series, we (my other installer buddy) used the INT-BMW2/EVOCAN and almost everything was done via canbus. just a few wires to hook up.
Ted
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
Absolutely right, I wouldn't go any other way on E90 on.
tedmond 
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
not the cheapest car to install on either, the 2 modules alone make up the price of the install alone.
Ted
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic