icon

2000 jeep tj lookin for subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tjwrangler 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2011 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Im kind of a newbie to car audio my last system was 2 12" infinity reference subs with a 800 watt mono amp and a sealed box, in my srt4 neon. I now have a 200o jeep tj with a soft top I know its hard to get good sound of. Right now my jeep has 2 5 1/4 alpine front speakers, 2 6 1/2 alpine rear speakers and a alpine head unit. Im looking at going with 2 12" subwoofers I've narrowed my choices too re audio rex or sex, image dynamics ctx. 124 or ID12D4 v.3, sundown audio sd12d4 or the diamond audio d6. Im looking for loud sq subs im not sure the best choice. And I don't know what watt amp to run or channel. And im having a hard time finding a sealed dual 12 downfireing box. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
tjwrangler 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2011 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
I've decided I want to go with two sundown audio sa12's I have no idea if I should get 2ohm or 4ohm, and the only box I've found that will fit my 2000 jeep wrangler is a obcon downfire box with labyrinth port. The boxes dimensions are 36" wide 9" tall 18" deep has. 6 cu ft and 6.75 speaker depth and is tuned to 46 hz my questions are will the box work with the subs? Should I choose 2ohm or 4ohm? What kind of amp should I go with, watt, mono, channel? I've researched for hours but im kinda slumber founded with the audio terms. Thanks.
fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2012 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
Have you installed this system yet! Really interested in how it sounds have no experience with Sundown but checking out the website has me interested in a few products.
Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2012 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
Seriously in a TJ your asking for trouble. They are supper easy to break into. All you have to do is unzip it and your in. And that's if they are nice and don't take a blade to it. I have a YJ there is no way in hell would I ever put a system into with out taking in and getting the thing welded into my pig.
My system is a pair of OEM speakers from my wifes honda zip tied to my roll cage on the floor, with my old school hifonics vulcan amp under the tumble seat.
Another choice is something like this, it will hold a 8" sub. Then you can mount a small amp under the rear tumble seat.
http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-136-067-tj-stereospeakerstorage-security-full-console.aspx
If you really set on getting a bigger system then purchase a hard top for it fist, then you have some added security to it. Just my 2 cents from a fellow Wrangle owner.
tjwrangler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2012 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
I live in a small area in nh no one really steals in my area but I plan on bolting subs to the floor and it will be a downfire box so they would have a hard time and im also going to build a tonneau cover so it will be out of view. And put amp in middle console it has a lock. I know jeeps are easy to break into I get nervous leaving my jeep alone in boston.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Really depends on your amp, there are several ways to hook it up. A single dual voice coil speaker can get hooked up a 2 different ways series and parallel. This then comes down to what the amp can handle and what ohm the speakers are at. For instance I am running a DVC 4 ohm to my amp wired in series so my amp is seeing a 8ohm load. The only other way I could run it was in parallel with then brings it to a two ohm load. My amp wont let me run that low with out it cutting off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic