icon

heater blower not working with remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dlstech 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
The subject line wouldn't let me write anything more that than.
I installed a viper 5701 alarm and remote start in a friend's 2003 Honda Accord. I thought I heard the blower motor working before the remote start activated but maybe I was wrong. Pretty much the blower motor works when the key is in the "ON" position but doesn't work when the car is remote started. Everything else is working perfectly.
Here's the car info:
Constant 12V+ Wire: White
Starter Wire (+): BLACK/ White
Second Starter Wire (+): N/A
Ignition Wire (+): BLACK / YELLOW
Second Ignition Wire: N/A
Accessory Wire: BLACK/ Red
Second Accessory Wire: WHITE/ Red
And here's the Viper 5701 info:
1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
2 RED / WHITE (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87
3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT
4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)
5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)
6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT
7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT
8 PINK/BLACK FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX RELAY
9 RED / BLACK FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT
As you can see there are two accessory wires in the 03 accord and one on the alarm. I connected the orange one to one of them, I can't remember which one. Can that be the problem? Should I have connected the orange "Accessory Output" wire to both of the vihicle's accessory wires?
Like I said before, the blower works fine with the key, just not with remote start. And everything else with the alarm and remote start systems works fine too.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
That second acc wire could be you're problem. Never connect 2 circuits together there separate for a reason. There is a small orange wire in one of the harnesses can't remember off the top of my head the harness number. its used to control a relay just for this purpose. If you don't know how to wire the relay look on top of this page there's a link to relays It will tell you how to wire it
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
That second acc wire could be you're problem. Never connect 2 circuits together there separate for a reason. There is a small orange wire in one of the harnesses can't remember off the top of my head the harness number. its used to control a relay just for this purpose. If you don't know how to wire the relay look on top of this page there's a link to relays It will tell you how to wire it
Sorry for the double post my phone froze
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

That would be the Remote Start Axuillary Output , 5 Pin connector.  Orange to a relay setup

X2 with chev104275, NEVER connect 2 circuits together off of one feed. Just asking to melt something.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
dlstech 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks. Ill try just switching the wire to the other accessory wire. If that doesn't work ill wire in a relay. Where can I get the 12v + for the 30 plug on the relay? Can I just get it from the 12v constant wire in the ignition switch? That should work because that already powers the rest of them with the key, correct?
chev104275 
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
The white wire in the ingition harness I believe its rated for 50 amps so it should be fine.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

dlstech wrote:
Ok thanks. Ill try just switching the wire to the other accessory wire. If that doesn't work ill wire in a relay. Where can I get the 12v + for the 30 plug on the relay? Can I just get it from the 12v constant wire in the ignition switch? That should work because that already powers the rest of them with the key, correct?

Save yourself a relay & extra work. Why don't you use the flex output for the sec acc wire. Just need to program the flex output from default ignition2 to an acc2 output.

Remember to connect the RED / White (fused 30A) to the +12 volt at the ignition harness also.

dlstech 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
moonliter wrote:

dlstech wrote:

Save yourself a relay & extra work. Why don't you use the flex output for the sec acc wire. Just need to program the flex output from default ignition2 to an acc2 output.

Remember to connect the RED / White (fused 30A) to the +12 volt at the ignition harness also.

Ah yeah I completely forgot about that. I'll just use that because it's capped off. So do you guys think that's the problem, the second accessory wire is just not connected?
chev104275 
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
I usually power everything the key would so I would say it's your issue
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
And again you have a red, RED / white and RED / black. Power ALL of them that would probably save 25% of the queries on this site and X 3 with the comments on linking two outputs except with a relay.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic