icon

crackling speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chaos7692 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
My frustration with the camry is less about the stereo and more about the body. When taking apart the system i was kind of impressed. Didnt expect crossovers in the doors. But I had to remove the entire back seat, and rear deck to remove the speakers. Also had a hell of a time running new speaker wires into the doors, no room in the existing loom, and no room to drill. They also hid the screws in the door panels very well. Oh well, hard parts over. Never got a chance to work on it this wknd, but next for sure, i think the receiver will come out pretty easy.
chaos7692 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
ok so she finally had me try to fix this. it must not have bothered her as much as it bothered me. i bypassed the factory amp using the signal wires, and the shield from the factory deck. it worked great at first, but the longer it was on, the worse it sounded. it sounded like it was underwater. when i shut the car off, it went back to sounding good. with an offboard source, it was perfect. it seems like the deck is overheating. if i turn the gains up on the amp, with the deck on a lower volume setting, it sounds good, but the dreaded ground loop noise is present. so right now, its either deal with the whine or have crappy sound. any ideas?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
New head unit.
Support the12volt.com
chaos7692 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
thats what i thought, but was in denial. any suggestions on a double din gps receiver that fits?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic