icon

remote start, 2002 gmc envoy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nlaw 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
i am hooking up a cheetah rs160 remote star and a gmdl-bp bypass on a 2002 gmc envoy, the locks won't lock or unlock, the r/s will click and the horn will churp and every thing else does what it should but won't crank.  i am stuck!!!!
armbruster 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Need more information. The GMDLDP should do it all for you unless you have something hooked up incorrectly or have a faulty unit. Check the lock/unlock wires from your RS unit to make sure they are sending negative pulses to the bypass.
nlaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
ok, thanks, had local installer look at it and he thought it was that the disarm alarm wasn't hooked up, but the bypass should take care of that.  CONFUSED!!!!  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
nlaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
getting -.003 on both lock and unlock
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
The GMDLBP:  I have used this module twice recently an each one did work, but I did have issues gettting it programmed to the correct vehicle platform until I read the important note on the programming instructions below.  Your vehicle is platform 1 so if the module is new it should already be on platform 1.  Did the LED on your GMDLBP react as per the programming instructions when you programmed it to the vehicle?  And here is that important note in the instructions..... 

IMPORTANT: DO NOT CONNECT VIOLET DATA OUTPUT WIRE OF INTERFACE MODULE TO VEHICLE DATA WIRE (PIN 2) UNTIL EVERY OTHER WIRE HAS BEEN CONNECTED & THE HARNESS HAS BEEN PLUGGED INTO THE INTERFACE (DL) MODULE.

nlaw 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
the LED would flash once, but would not stay on like it was susposed to. it flashes once when i plug it in, then hold it down it flashes rapidly then 1 time and thats all i can get it to do. i did have the purple wire hooked up before finished, did that mess everything up?  thanks for info, its been driving me crazy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic