icon

aux channels 3 thru 9 on compustar cm6000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pihmpdaddi 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2012 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
I'm having a hard time activating the POCs that I have set for auxiliary output channels. I have everything hooked up correctly but I can't get the remote to activate Aux 3 thru 7, I can only get it to activate Aux 1 and 2.
I have tried setting option 3-11 with the OP-500 to both off and on. If it's off, attempting to go into the aux mode (using unlock+trunk [e.g. button 2+3]) gives me a "FAIL" on the remote. When I set it to on, going into the Aux mode (using trunk+key [e.g. button 3+4), the AUX comes up but it acts just like the standard mode and activates Aux 1 or 2. BTW I don't have secure aux turned on right now.
The install guide says something weird that I think is a typo, since I've noticed other typos elsewhere. It says

3-11 Auxiliary settings - This option requires the installation of the optional Auxiliary settings module. The
Auxiliary settings adds five additional independent auxiliary outputs for a total of seven. With this op
tion turned on, auxiliary 2 becomes non functional and Aux 1 becomes the data wire for the Auxiliary
settings. Special Option Group 1 allows for independent timing of these outputs.
Is this a hold-over from a previous manual? If I have 7 POC wires, why do I need another module? Isn't this functionality built into the CM6000?
Anyone out there have any luck with this?
pihmpdaddi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
bump.
correction: aux's are 3 thru 9 (not 3 thru 7)
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
you need the channel expander or update your brain to version 6.7 VD6 then you can use the POC for aux channels.
if you own an op500 im sure you have the ADS-USB as well.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
pihmpdaddi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks tedmond. So I checked the version on my brain and I get 5 flashes, does that mean I have version 5?
I do have the OP500 and the ADS-USB but I don't have a Blade cartridge or access to compustar's tech website, according to this
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=124439&tpn=1&PN=1
I have the whole thing installed by myself, am I going to have to take it to an authorized dealer just to have them update it? And since they didn't install it, will they even do it? Or if I get a blade cartridge, will that be the easy way to do it?
I don't understand why the POC wires are there and listed as programmable, but you can't use them unless you update the firmware. Why wasn't that in the firmware they put on the brain in the first place?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
It depends on where you got the brain from. Its very possible that the seller you got the brain from may have an old stock of starters with old firmware
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
5flashes does indicate version 5. Unfortunately only dealers have access to flash files to flash without the use of a blade module.
If you do want to flash the brain your only solution now is to purchase a blade and update.
Firstech always releases updates for many reasons. Bug fixes, new blade platform support, config for options. For example the version 5 will not work with the rps touch, ft ez go, and select new devices (which can't be mentioned) yet). If you were to see the programming table that ships with the cm6000 to the v6.7 programming menu there are many more options.
Ted
Compustar Expert
pihmpdaddi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again tedmond. I'll talk to a local authorized installer and see what they can do for me before I go buy a blade module that I don't need.
FYI, I installed the RPS touch and it works...guess I got lucky there?
tedmond 
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
The brains when first shipped came with version5.0. If you bought it recently it most likely had version 5.5 or5.6 flashed on it. The minimum requirement for Rps touch is 5.6 and compustar only flash 5 times indicated its in software v5. Doesn't indicate if it was 5.x
Ted
Compustar Expert
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
5flashes does indicate version 5. Unfortunately only dealers have access to flash files to flash without the use of a blade module.
If you do want to flash the brain your only solution now is to purchase a blade and update.
Firstech always releases updates for many reasons. Bug fixes, new blade platform support, config for options. For example the version 5 will not work with the rps touch, ft ez go, and select new devices (which can't be mentioned) yet). If you were to see the programming table that ships with the cm6000 to the v6.7 programming menu there are many more options.

Mine too flashes 5 times so I have V5, My question is how many times can the blade module be used JUST to update the modules? I just installed a cm6000 in my 05 f350 and have noo need for a bypass and the only compustar dealer in my area just closed up shop a week or so ago. Aside from this truck I have been oying with the idea of re-doing the alarm in my 99 F150 in the future but before that I was told of a guy who can erase the PATS stuff from the truck so if I go that route then I don't think i will need a bypass for that one either, becides, I think I may be able to use the one from the current alarm/starter in the truck.

In "short" could I get 1 blade module JUST for updating the control modules and be able to use it on both vehicles or would I have to get one for each module? I assume that I would then have unlimited updateability of at least one module with one bypass though.

Thanks,

Ace_boy2786

P.S. Yes, I do have a OP500 along with the 3 cables that it came with, So far I've only used the extension cable for module programming.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic