icon

Video quality help, *newbie

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jalipit 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2003 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

What are some of the possible factors that would cause the video output on a headrest monitor to appear as if I were viewing a Solarized image? Somewhat like using a video camera with the Solarize effect on. Is it the quality of the connection moreso than the quality of the monitor?

I got a pair of Legacy LM71monitors as a gift and decided to install them. First I ran all the connections (power on one side of the car, RCAs on the other) powered up the monitors with a DVD feed coming from my Pioneer AVIC-90DVD via the P6400CD head unit and VSS switcher. The main display on the in-dash monitor was of course perfect, however, the rear monitors were very pixelated and like I said, appeared solarized. After reading these forums I decided to add a video amplifier in the loop. This time I tested one of the monitors (now with the power directly from the battery and shortened ground where all the rest of the components are grounded) The picture improved in that the contrast was a little better, but the image still appeared solarized. Also, I swapped out all the video RCAs with higher end Gold/shielded cables. The PS2, when directly connected, is a bit better, but still get the solarized effect on both monitors. I don't get any waves of lines when I'm running the engine, indicating the issue may not be the ground. I'm pretty stumped. I'm not too worried if these monitors just plain suck, because I have a pair of Farenheit 7001monitors on the way. I just want to know if the clarity problem is most likely with the connection or with the monitor.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fearx24 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2003 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
Too Me it sounds like its the monitors because I have seen many monitors running and some just dont have a very good viewing angle.  They are meant to be viewed straight on and not from the side.  Are you looking at the monitor straight on.
jalipit 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2003 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, I am looking at the screen straight on. Side view is virtually a washout.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic