icon

2006 ford f150 remote start/security

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jd_21 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there, I just recently installed a viper 5704 (it replaces the viper 5901) and just had a couple snags with the install. First I will start with the rear defogger. I know what wire color i need but I am a bit lost on where exactly I am going to find this wire. It is an orange / YELLOW wire. I looked behind the heater control panel in the wiring harnesses and didn't see it there. If someone could give me a hand in locating this wire that would be great.
2006 ford f150 remote start/security - Last Post -- posted image.
Next is the door triggers. From what understand my wiring information is telling me that I have to go directly to the Body Security Module that is mounted on the rear cabin wall behind the rear seat and splice in to each wire for each door and use diodes to isolate each door wire from back feeding. I was just wondering if there is any easier way to hook up my door trigger wire?
If this helps my truck is a 2006 Ford F-150 FX4. Everything else on the remote start/security system works except my rear defogger and my door triggers, and this system is absolutely amazing. I love it! It advertises a 1 mile range and it actually does work that far, I have tested this many times in multiple different vehicles I have installed this same model remote start/security system. I highly recommend this system to anyone that wants an excellent remote start/security system combo.
So if anyone can please give me some clues on how to do these 2 things I asked it would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot. 2006 ford f150 remote start/security - Last Post -- posted image.
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
for the second part of your question, you can get the latch wires in thedoor boot, i think its a blue wire, and i forgot what the other is, the second one is on the passenger boot  or just use the domelight wire, it will give you a door open warning upon reentry......
rocker
jd_21 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
I tried the dome light wire. It won't work since it has a delayed dome light on it. I guess I'm just gonna have to do it the hard way and hook up each door with a diode to the door trigger wire on the remote start module harness. I need 4 for mine since it is a crew cab and not just a 2 door. Thanks for the reply tho.
Anyone have any suggestions where I will find the orange / YELLOW rear defogger wire?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic