icon

viper 5501 doesn't respond when cold

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdbtsi 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Weird problem I'm having on the wife's 2008 Cobalt...
When it is colder than 15-20 degrees F the car just doesn't
want to radio back to the remote that it received the signal. MOST of the time it will get the signal but won't radio back to the remote. Once the car warms up or the temp is above ~20F it will work perfectly. I've checked the connections to the antenna and all seems to be well I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem on these systems. I can be standing right next to the car when it's less than 20F and tell it to start and it will 90% of the time but it won't radio back 100% of the time. Any thoughts or ideas? Anyone else have this problem?
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
Program tach.
jdbtsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
The problem isn't tach related as it happens when trying to unlock the doors as well. The remote doesn't receive confirmation of the command.
beedix 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
I've had issues with the 2-way response on the 5501 as well, but can't exactly say for sure if temperature is part\all of the issue.
Remote starts consistently but rarely communicates the status back to the remote properly. Seems to be more consistent for me when I'm very near or in the car.
jdbtsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply beedix.
I wish I would have labeled the subject of this thread a little better as I'm sure it get's brushed aside as the usual "My car won't start when it's cold" topic. It's just more like the 2-way doesn't radio
back to the remote acknowledging that it received the signal. Sucks to have a system that's supposed to be good up to a mile away but it won't radio back to let you know if it got the message.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have had a few audiovox units do this recently. Replaced the antenna and it solved the issues. Might be worth a shot if you can get a replacement cheap enough.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic