alpine ina w910 usb source input

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kingbing 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
yea but the internal memory has nothing to do with how it reads through the usb port.
That's not what I was getting at. I just meant that the more files that you have on a piece or storage, the longer it is going to take the unit to "look" at and bank those files before it will play them.
The manual says it can take anywhere from a few seconds to *10 minutes* alpine ina w910 usb source input - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. depending on the number of files and folders in the storage device.
Brian
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
oh ok i misunderstood. and also keep in mind that the number of songs will go down a lot if they are high quality high bit rate audio files. that 20,000 will shrink to 4,000 real quick if its all good quality audio.
kingbing 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
True.
I've bought a 128GB flash drive. I think that might be my best bet. I can store all of my favorite music on there. If I want more and this works out, I'll just get more flash drives. I got the flash drive for cheap.....if it doesn't work out, no big deal. I'll just use it for home/work.
We will see how it goes.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic