activate heated seats from aux channel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rob1889 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have a 2004 Toyota Camry XLE that has heated seats. There are two buttons for the two front seats. I am going to have the dash open so I would like to connect at least the driver heated seat up to one of the aux channels on my Viper 5900 so I can activate it from inside next winter.
The buttons are push in toggle buttons with a light on it that signals they are on. I can't seem to find an wiring information for the heated seats.
Does anyone have any information on this cars heated seat wiring and how to hook it up to a 200ma (-) latched aux channel? I hope theres a way to do it like the defroster without a relay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
I think they are afthermarket heated seats,check wich wire is ign. 12v. and use a relay 85 from alarm 86 and 30 12volts 87 to heated seat .
rob1889 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
No they are factory heated seats.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
Test the switch, the wire you want is probably a latching - if factory.
rob1889 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Test the switch, the wire you want is probably a latching - if factory.
I haven't opened the center console yet but assuming there's is two wires coming out of the switch will grounding one with the aux channel wire activate the heated seat?
How can I test the above situation with my DMM? Sorry I haven't messed around with the alarm stuff in a few years so I'm a little rusty.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Test the wiring either one will be 12v+ with the ignition on, the other switched.
OR
One will be a constant ground, the other will go to ground with the switch.
In the first case flash it with 12v+ with the engine running. If that works i.e. it latches on then you will need a (mini, aka PCB) relay to flip the polarity from POS to neg.
In the second case flash it to ground with the engine running, if that works then all you need is an aux output.
If doing either of the above turns it on only for the time you either 12v+ or ground it, you will either need to latch or time the aux.
rob1889 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie, hopefully I have time this weekend to attempt this. I will post back the results after I try it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic