icon

security, remote start choices

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2012 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
Avital on the 4103 and 4113 have had some issues with tach and the antenna. The 5303 is actually the older platform with the extra relay pack. Compustar has the relays built into the unit like autopage and audiovox. Avital 5303 has a lot of redundant wiring that makes it hard to make a nice clean install. Id look for the compustar ft 6000 with the rf 2w9000ss remotes. It has mile range vs. 2000 feet with the avital and makes a nice clean install.
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2012 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
also on the avital they have d2d for their bypass kits. It is not reliable at all. With the audopage and compustar they feature the ads idatalink protocol which is bulletproof.
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
You get what you pay for.
The AudioVox Prestige, does it have add on options like the motion sensor, tilt sensor, and battery back up? I don't see the accessories on their site other than the replacement remotes.
Thanks.
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Most companies have the add on accessories. Need to talk to company or distributor for more info. Should be able to find them online.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I have tried the website, nothing there listed. I wonder if I could use the DEI sensors with the Prestige? What about those generic sensors I see on Ebay? How good are those? Has any one used them or have experience with them?
Thanks.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
cmk0808ny wrote:
Avital on the 4103 and 4113 have had some issues with tach and the antenna. The 5303 is actually the older platform with the extra relay pack. Compustar has the relays built into the unit like autopage and audiovox. Avital 5303 has a lot of redundant wiring that makes it hard to make a nice clean install. Id look for the compustar ft 6000 with the rf 2w9000ss remotes. It has mile range vs. 2000 feet with the avital and makes a nice clean install.
What about the Viper Responder 350? I would imagine it's made by DEI too, so same problem?
I have a 1990 Accord so no need for D2D.
Thanks.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
the add ons for prestige alarms come from an audiovox parts book. they have their own sensors that are ok. you can still use dei sensors but they need to be hardwired which isnt that hard but kind of a pain sometimes.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
the add ons for prestige alarms come from an audiovox parts book. they have their own sensors that are ok. you can still use dei sensors but they need to be hardwired which isnt that hard but kind of a pain sometimes.
I don't suppose the parts book is available online so I can look at the parts number? Or at least a place where I can look at them online?
Thanks.
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
I uploaded a copy of the current catalog to the downloads section
Edit: link is not working, I'm going to try to upload it again
Edit 2: For some reason the uploads are not working. Try this link: Accessories Catalog
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
91stt wrote:
I uploaded a copy of the current catalog to the downloads section
Edit: link is not working, I'm going to try to upload it again
Edit 2: For some reason the uploads are not working. Try this link: Accessories Catalog
Thanks.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic