viper 5902hd stuck in remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
Alarm:
Viper 5902HD purchased online in 2009/2010 (for the life of me I can't remember where). Additional 504D and 506T.
The car: 2001 Kia Optima Se V6.
The alarm worked fine before the car's Ignition blew a fusible link
The problem: I removed the Alarm system completely. I ran a new Ignition wire with a new fusible link to the Ignition and the car operates Normally. I reinstalled the Alarm system and as soon as I tried to remote start the starter didn't disengage and the brake wouldn't shut the system off. Now as soon as I connect 12V to the H1 Red wire and the system ground the relays inside click and the car try's to start and the Pink Ign 1 wire stays constant 12V. I removed the alarm system and installed it on a bench system. Connected 12V to the H3 Red, the H1 Red and the system ground as soon as the power supply is turned on the remote start relays trigger and the pink wire is live. I tried Resetting the remote start by grounding the green wire giving the pink wire 12V+ and pressing the program button on the antennae. It won't reset, It won't respond to the remote either. I am a Retired installer now working in Network Tech support. I did the original install and Verified all the connections. Not Sure if I am missing something or if the Alarm is damaged
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
When the system attempted the first remote start and the starter didn't disengage I pulled the 12 pin alarm harness. Could it be the system just needs allowed to "run" for the programmed time then the system can be reset?
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
I went through the wiring diagram wire by wire connected to my bench system. Still wont operate correctly. There are a few possibilities. 1. I rushed and screwed up the reinstall viper 5902hd stuck in remote start - Last Post -- posted image. (I hope its the first one)Instead of pulling every wire and starting over when it didn't work I tried to find my mistake (possible but more probable I saw the same mistake and miss it again viper 5902hd stuck in remote start - Last Post -- posted image., 2 Its not going to work on the bench properly anyways since its not going to act like a car (no Voltage spikes for voltage sensing, no tack wire nothing to tell the alarm the car is still running). 3. There's a Rom/bios/memory in the alarm that doesn't forget where it was when it lost power and it needs to be in the car properly installed and receive the correct information on the correct wires in order to reset. 4. Its fried and it took my Ignition with it in the first place. Open to any and all suggestions Including Will DEI repair the unit if I pay for the repair since I can't find the receipt, Or which scenario above seems most likely? Will A bitwriter reset the system? Or lastly just order the new Responder 5904HD install it and be done. Then break out the soldering iron and start replacing components on the 5902 until I answer my question.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic