icon

honda crv 2012 remote/turn on amp wire op

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timtmor 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
First go at messing w audio, was hoping to save money and do it myself. But ran into a snag when I researched this remote wire needed for an amp, I understand its purpose but don’t think I have the balls to remove the navigation unit in the crv(going by the wiring diagram on this site). Was just curious what you all suggest.
Not sure if this info is needed but I’ll include it, I plan on installing the amp under the passenger seat, there’s a factory sub located there which I’ll be removing. Then I’ll have access to the factory sub wire and attach my passive loc there. Luckily that will put my amp and loc next to each other.   One option I found was using a pac tr4(low voltage remote turn-on trigger), splice into the speaker cable before the loc, but I’d still have to run some wire for 12v. Another option, the crv has a factory amp, no idea where it is or how easy it is to access, I could probably tap into the remote for it. There’s a pioneer device in the passenger kick panel, think it’s a xm device, could I tap in to it, that will probably only work when I select xm as a source though? I read where people use the acc fuse, but I have no idea where that’s located. And from what I’ve read if I don’t do the remote right, I could produce popping in the speakers?
Thanks in advance, I think I wrote a plenty but let me know if more info is needed.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
not sure if you figured anything out yet but some LOC's give you a remote output that turns on when it gets an audio signal.
timtmor 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the info, i guess something like the pac soem-t will work?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
yea that is a good LOC to use. anything from PAC is usually really nice
mwmiat 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
If the LOC doesn't provide one you can tap into some system in the vehicle that turns on when the key is turned. Do your homework if thats what you do.
The most surefire rout is running a wire from the batt through a fused toggle switch (usually where you can reach it while driving)and straight into the amp.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
Don't hook up right to the battery with a switch for your remote. At some point you are going to forget to turn it off and drain your battery.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic