icon

delay off relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
X2 I wouldn't even get involved without all those safety cut-outs and what chance the vehicle is an auto in India?
Ever seen a manual left in gear down hill with a remote start installed without safeguards, even with the hand brake engaged boy is that vehicle going to move.
How many times have we driven off with the handbrake engaged?
jagadeesh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
By -oldspark      jagadeesh, it is obvious you do not understand the safety issues involved.
But you have been warned or advised.
I'm staying out of this one.
Whilst I love seeing negligence sued, I get upset at injury and deaths that should have been avoided.
Unwatching this topic.
By- Howie II    X2 I wouldn't even get involved without all those safety cut-outs and what chance the vehicle is an auto in India?
Ever seen a manual left in gear down hill with a remote start installed without safeguards, even with the hand brake engaged boy is that vehicle going to move.
How many times have we driven off with the handbrake engaged?
Dear gentlemen- I appreciate your true concern towards safety,I drop the idea of meddling with connection to remote starter - use the delayed on circuit for my car A/C to extended delayed ON as it gives longevity to my battery in order to avoid immediate switching on the A/C after parking for long time- 15days or so, so that battery gets charged by the alternator and my timer prevents A/C being on putting etc load in the initial stage itself. Meanwhile I hate to be sued for negligence from my side and also hate causing injury to the public.
Once thanks for your kind advice for opposition to remote start due to safety issue.
with regards-jagadeesh
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 3:30 AM / IP Logged  
Completely moot, all AC systems, even aftermarket have a built in time delay, the AC will not start until engine is already running so your last comment is unfortunately also irrelevant, it won't affect the battery.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
P.S. I've had current Rover 75 Tourer since April.
Before that it was sitting around untouched for a year with the battery disconnected.
Battery is a Yuasa large size, BMW 5 series, Mercedes etc.
Jump started, driven 10 miles then left on a trickle for 3 days.
This has full climate control AC which also incorporates front and rear heated rear windows.
Plus power locks and windows, heated seats etc.
Naturally I installed a full remote start alarm system, I'm now doing 2-300 miles per week.
Weather depending the AC is left on the night before and automatically comes on with the remote start.
I've NEVER had battery problems.
Also and Oldspark will verify this, if you're at sea level and don't make short journeys (less than 20 miles) your battery if maintained should last about 7 years in India's climate.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  
It's short stop start journeys, cold weather and lack of maintaining (not checking levels if not sealed, dirty corroded terminals bad alternators and earth and power connections etc.)which kill batteries.
Scandinavia, Scotland Russia, Canada, Northern US and Alaska, 2 years.
Temperate climates 5 years.
Tropical and Sub-Tropical 7 years.
jagadeesh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
when we purchased new diesel car the battery's life came for 3 years, now we have brought amron maintenance free sealed battery, since I face parking problem I use 800 maruti a hatch back petrol car known for simplicity, the disel one is tata indigo lx (disel) a cheapest car one can buy in India, it came with a central lock, but when we bargained for remote they added a remote for central lock which is basic by name piranha with short antenna to pull to get range which is from autocop, however no reverse beep or flashing of lights,i would have loved if the same would have been there, so far i never faced problem with central lock, regarding A/C when I switch on blower which has 4 speed manual option, only blower will be ON, but to switch on A/C the vehicle should be in running so no question built in time delay as I have observed the car A/C after seeing your post, so I feel I am not completely moot. You can just google for tata indigo, quality is not to upto the mark, but a decent one which is turbo charged tdi, no sudden pickup, have to wait till RPM reaches max to overtake a vehicle. Regarding battery life average is 3 years. Sorry for off topic just a moment of sharing experiences.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic