icon

'08 dodge caliber viper 5204/evo chr t2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
When I DMM qptest the NS wire, connected to the fortin bypass, it reads 12v.
Testing method: blk lead from DMM to ground, red lead from DMM to NS wire. Is this incorrect?
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
I cut the H2/2 NS wire from the fortin and took it to ground. 8 clicks went away.   Car still doesn't start. Viper units clicks to attempt to start and nothing. It does this three times before it times out. Even tried RS with key int the ignition, still nothing.
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
m109ner wrote:
I cut the H2/2 NS wire from the fortin and took it to ground. 8 clicks went away.   Car still doesn't start. Viper units clicks to attempt to start and nothing. It does this three times before it times out. Even tried RS with key int the ignition, still nothing.
That testing method is fine, that wire was causing the eight flash problem, 12v on that wire will prevent it from r/s.
Are you getting any light flashes now? Maybe try setting it to tach mode and programming the tach wire. Then try to do a pit stop. Start the car with key. While running, press the remote start button, then turn off key and see if car stays running.
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
rjkboyle wrote:
m109ner wrote:
That testing method is fine, that wire was causing the eight flash problem, 12v on that wire will prevent it from r/s.
Are you getting any light flashes now? Maybe try setting it to tach mode and programming the tach wire. Then try to do a pit stop. Start the car with key. While running, press the remote start button, then tturn off key and see if car stays running.
No flashes. The viper box attempts to initiate start but the starter doesnt ever engage. It does this three times and cancels out.
It's already in tach mode.   I also have 12v from the yellow ignition wire from chr. Just doesn't seem to want to engage the starter wire.
Wow this was supposed to be the easiest install, from what I've read. However, I've spent two days working on this set up.   :)
jsolts 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hey There,

I installed a remote starter in my wifes 2008 dodge caliber last year using the same fortin EVO CHR with T2 harness.

You are correct it one of the easiest installs you will do, but it can be frustrating when it doesent work.

I installed a compustar in her car, so it will be a bit different, but hopefully what i have to offer will be some help to you.

Please note - i installed a 2way starter so she will know when it starts. 
I DID NOT WIRE UP THE PARKING LIGHTS ON PURPOSE AS THEY WOULD SHINE DIRECTLY INTO A NEIGHBOURS WINDOW WHEN SHE STARTS HER CAR.

Here's what i did. (You do not need to cut or splice into any factory wires)

I connected the T2 harness as shown in the manual.

Then i connected the fortin to the remote start using the d2d cable.
Connect the ignition wire from the remote starter to the yellow ignition wire on connector 2 from the fortin.
Pop the hood and take a length of wire and run it from the 12V wire on the remote starter directly to the battery. (this is only temporary so just go out the door.)
Now that you have connected the remote starter to 12v and to the ignition, you can now enter program mode
Program your remotes to the brain as per directions in the install manual.

Try to remote start.

Once it starts successfully, you can remove the 12v from the battery and remote starter. And you can disconnect the ignition wire from the remote starter from the yellow ignition wire from connector 2 on the fortin. 

Note - you will not be able to re enter program mode without reconnecting the ignition and 12v wires.

In the end all you need it the T2 harness to go from the vehicle to the fortin, and the data2data wire to connect the fortin and the remote start.  i did not need any other wires on the remote start (except for the antenna)

This is not the ideal install as it does not allow you to re enter programming mode, nor do the parking light come on when you start the car, however this is what i did on my wife's Caliber.

Some people on the forums may not agree with the way i did the install, but there are reasons why i did it the way that i did it.

Hopefully this helps you out.

If you have any questions just ask!

rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2012 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
Just to be sure you are using the H3/4 wire (Starter side) for the starter wire.
How did the pit stop work? Did it?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic