the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

factory arm on 2010 santa fe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote offroadzj
I just did a 2010 Santa Fe with the PITA factory arm / disarm (lock detection). Instead of using the dome output for the 2nd unlock signal, I just used a 451m for the entire setup (one relay for arm and the other for disarm, with the arm / disarm wires diode isolated to the factory arm / disarm wires). Surprisingly it actually worked on the first try. But I noticed that with the car remote started, the doors would not lock automatically or by remote. I ended up using a 3rd diode and connecting the arm wire to the factory lock wire and was able to program it to lock after starting so everything is working great now. But I am curious if anyone has run into this before and if there was any other way besides what I did?
Thanks... hopefully it wasn't too confusing... lol.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Did you check to see if the factory disarm will work with the keysense to disarm with no unlock (If key sense is hooked up some factory systems won't allow lock to occur due to key sensed in ignition condition), also some systems use double pluse on the factory arm/disarm to lock/unlock doors, but single pluse will only arm/disarm. If so you could diode the remote start arm/disarm wires with the lock/unlock to factory arm/disarm and set the lock/unlock to double pulse and the arm/disarm to single. If the doors don't unlock they won't need to be relocked. This is for a 2009 but you might want to take a look:
Factory Alarm Disarm pink and gray (double pulse) - driver kick, brn 24 pin plug, pins 6, 4 or BCM, 26 pin plug, pins 21, 6
The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash, behind the fuse box. Meter these wires while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder. Need to use the power unlock wire and both the factory alarm disarm wire and unlock detection wire in order for the doors to unlock. The gray wire is the unlock detection wire. It will meter ground when the actuator is in the unlock position.
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm    
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shortcircuit161
Those Hyundais can be a bit of a problem if not timed correctly.
There is a diagram in the downloads section for these Hyundai models.
Search tech tip 1300
I use an ADS-AL or EVO-ALL for these newer models when i can. It may seem like overkill but it does a whole lot more than just door locks even if the car doesn't have an immobilizer. It saves time and headaches later.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you diode isloate the lock detection wire from only the factory disarm and not the unlock, it will only disarm no unlock with remote start.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
This is normal for many Hyundai vehicles. The BCM thinks that you are trying to lock yourself out of the vehicle while it is running. I connect the door lock/unlock wires from the driver's door key cylinder using a relay and diodes and also pulse the lock wire from the door lock switch to allow the doors to lock while the vehicle is running.
sparky
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
That only needs to be done with a remote takeover to lock the doors but if you remote start you shouldn't need to unlock and re lock to disarm which is why the need for a seperate feed is needed to acheive that end.
jgarcia1925 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2015 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but can someone clarify if this will be needed for all hyundai santa fe's of this year? ill be doing one in a few weeks, and this seems to be the only PITA thing to do. Im glad i checked this out. if someone can give me more insight on this that would be great, ill be using a code alarm CA5154 for this install. I see that someone said something about using an evo all, but i dont think this one has the smart key, nor does it need a bypass.
jgarcia1925 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2015 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
Sorry i am being a PITA with this PITA door lock system... i guess what im trying to do is prepare for the worse case scenario, does anyone on here know if the directed tech tip (tech tip 1300) will work the same with the Code Alarm CA5154? i know i can program the unit to double pulse unlock, and the unit also has a negative and positive door trigger inputs, so im assuming those will go connected to the lock detection wire of the santa fe in the door. other wise can i set the unit to double pulse, and diode isolate the unlock wore from the code alarm to the disarm of the car?
Im pretty confused now with all i keep reading.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic