icon

viper r/s what to do if battery removed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vinchinzo 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
I have a question. I have to have my tranny rebuilt this week a guy owes me. He will have to disconnect the battery for a while usually around 6 hours to a full day. Will my Pkall loose programming? Will it effect the viper5704? I know I need to turn the safety switch off to disable the remote start but should I do anything to the alarm first? maybe pull some fuses until he is done? Will it effect the vipers programming?
When in doubt....kick it!
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
The PKALL uses non-volatile memory which means it doesn't depend on having electric power to it to keep it's programming. Same with the 5704.
The only concern would be is whether it will attempt to start when the battery is reconnected. Hopefully you have a hood pin switch that works and also make sure you turn the safety switch off under the dash from the 5704.
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome thanks bro! I will turn the safety switch off and I have a hood pin coming tomorrow I ran the wire but I am not fond of them metal type hood pins I know they rust alot, if they get wet they give falses. So I ordered this one Hood Pin Im hoping I can make my connections, heat shrink the terminal, and either heat shrink the shaft at the bottom or tape to make it last longer lol. anyway the switch should disable the remote start right?
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
That's a better hood pin since it's protected by a boot. I do agree that the other ones can rust and not be as reliable if they rust. I usually put di-electric grease on them to protect them longer.
A properly working hood pin switch should disable the remote starter when the hood is open.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
That's the best you can get, funnily enough DEI supply that one with the English market product but not US?????
Follow Franks advice, my hood pin wires get loom tape, fully insulated crimp "faston" and shrink sleeved over the last inch of tape and receptacle plus sprayed all over with moisture retardant.
Try and get the hood pin mounted as high as possible to stop water pooling there.
$8.19??? Bloody hell!
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yup sounds good Howie great advice! =) Oh and I paid 2.98 for it I didnt think it was to bad. Im just gonna save this Dei hood pin and maybe use it later for something inside the car. I dunno..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic