icon

viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
banshee 79 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2012 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a Viper 5704 alarm and have a question about the H1/6 Orange (-)500mA Ground when Armed output. On my install I have: 516L(voice module), 507M(tilt sensor),and a 508D(motion sensor). On the Viper 5704 you cannot use the 508D on sensor ports 1 or 2 due to current limitations, and due to the 516L(voice module) the 508D will have to be turned off when the system is not armed. My question is will the(516L),(507M),and(508D) all being hooked to the (-)500mA Ground when Armed output exceed 500mA. I cannot find any current draw specs. from DEI on there sensors. Thanks, Joel...
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know if they draw more than 500mA but I would personally run power and ground separately and only connect the trigger wires of each sensor to the Viper system (making sure you diode isolate each).
banshee 79 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I don't think I can run constant power to those sensors: the tilt sensor needs gwa to learn the inclination angle each time the vehicle is parked, the voice module needs gwa to generate "viper armed" "viper disarmed" messages and the motion detector needs to be shut off when not armed or it would be triggering the voice module while driving the vehicle.
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
The 508D and the 516L voice module both have red and black wires for 12v and ground.
508D will send the trigger info via the blue/green wires for warn or instant trigger.
516L activates with the H1/9 GWA wire.
507M red can go to 12v constant, the orange goes to GWA and the blue goes to the same blue wire that the 508D uses or another instant trigger wire on the Viper.
Make sure you diode isolate the blue, green and GWA wires so one sensor doesn't interfere with another. For the blue and green trigger wires, the diode's band faces the sensors. For the GWA wires, the diode's band faces away from the sensors if that makes sense.
banshee 79 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help, I didn't know the voice module deactivated when the alarm was disarmed. So I can just chassis ground the black wire on the 508d leaving it on all the time and while disarmed it won't trigger the voice module. Thanks again...
shortcircuit161 
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Correct. You can connect direct to chassis ground or could also connect to the GWA wire of the Viper. But connecting direct to ground is fine (only with the 508D)since the Viper system only watches the blue/green sensor wires once it's armed.
tintoy.282 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2013 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Its not allowed to connect 508d direct to the port even for the 5704v viper version? What would happen if its connected directly to the sensor ports?
Rav4 2012

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic