icon

rain sensor to close windows?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kazp3rr 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'm up late reading and dreaming up ideas for my next project (after I finish the 3 I'm currently working on rain sensor to close windows? - Last Post -- posted image. )
and I'm contemplating an automated system to roll up my windows and sunroom when it detects rain...I've seen the rain alarms like:
http://www.555-timer-circuits.com/rain-alarm.html
but don't know much about them (I'm sure I can use the output pretty much any way I wanted to)
I've also seen rain sensors made by DEI (which is the same brand as my alarm/remote start) but I feel I could be a little more creative with it if I made it myself.
any ideas here?
my aux channels on my key fob are dedicated to dropping/raising my windows, so I can see the output of the rain sensor being diode isolated and combined with the aux output for the window up...or at least it sounds good in theory rain sensor to close windows? - Last Post -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged  
This came up a year ago, try the archives.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2012 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
All of the automobile rain sensors I have ever seen consist of small digital camera type devices that look for water on the windshield. It sounds like you have the window portion covered, you just need to find a reliable way to detect rain.
Kevin Pierson
kazp3rr 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2012 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
I saw one somewhere (trying to find it again now) that was actually a little sensor that was mounted up in the well of the sunroof by the brackets...that detected rain on the sensor itself, pro's/con's?
and thanks, I will look in the archives again~

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic